Pro Wrestling Only

[1995-10-29-WWF-Halloween Havoc] Hulk Hogan vs The Giant

Loss

• 2 months later...

"What just happened out there wasn't supposed to happen, man."

Suddenly, The Giant emerges dry and without a scratch.

Even with the clipping (We just did the intro, then cut to the finish), this is a horrible match. Jimmy Hart turns on Hogan. Luger and Savage come to the rescue, but Luger turns on Savage. Then a giant mummy comes down and does a group hug with Hogan and Giant where I think he might be mating. The mummy continues spreading his seed to Savage, which gives Luger and Giant cause to celebrate. This is followed by Luger putting Hogan and Savage in the torture rack. And somehow Hogan was DQd in all of this (I guess because Jimmy Hart was Hogan's manager) and Giant walks out with the belt.

Pro wrestling.

Nothing was going to save the match itself, with the ridiculous pre-match angle already turning off most people. But the exclusion of the Yeti would have improved the post-match tenfold. Having Luger and Savage coming to the rescue then having the shock Luger turn with Luger and Giant cleaning house on the faces would have actually been pretty good.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I don't think there is anything good that can be said about this. I guess you can say that it is notable as it is the first match where Hogan wore the black. I did find the Yeti to be entertaining in a trainwreck, "wtf am I watching?" kind of way. The Yeti/Giant double bearhugs were quite the sight to see. Also "The Yeh Tay is taller than The Giant!"

• 7 months later...

I laughed my ass off re-watching this. Hearing Tony Schiavone say "The Yeh-tay is taller than the Giant, look at the Yeh-tay !" just fucking cracks me up every damn time. I'm cracking up as I'm writing this. Plus he's a giant mummy, he doesn't look like Big Foot at all. And he's fucking Hogan in the ass ! Then he's fucking Randy Savage in the ass ! This is glorious. One of the funniest pro-wrestling trainwreck of all time. The Yeh-tay !

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hogan didn't want the Giant to take the plunge, brother. Giant comes out and Schiavone and Heenan don't even attempt to explain what the hell is happening. The finish of course is one of the biggest clusterfucks in history. Jimmy Hart clobbers the referee to draw an intentional DQ, turns on Hogan, then Luger turns on Savage, which of course is missed because the YET-TAY is making his way to the ring to enact a scene right out of Wild Things. Three major turns on one show seems a LITTLE excessive and the Luger turn would be seemingly forgotten in a matter of weeks, but whatever.

Heenan: "You will never see a pay-per-view like this again!" The most inarguable point the Brain has ever made.

• GSR changed the title to [1995-10-29-WWF-Halloween Havoc] Hulk Hogan vs The Giant