Pro Wrestling Only

[1990-12-16-NWA-Starrcade '90] Interview: Stan Hansen

Loss

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm glad that I'll never have to watch another WCW Stan Hansen interview as long as I live. The tobacco was back in full disgusting force tonight. If I'd been Tony, I would have been doing a lot more than grimacing. No wonder Stan only came back to drop the belt; he was presented horribly in WCW, and he can thank his good buddy Ole for it.

I don't understand the point of a bullrope match without the bell. It's basically going to be a tug-of-war now to see who can drag whose carcass around to all four corners. I expect a lot of knot-tying and dragging and very, very little action. Thanks a lot, Turner Home Entertainment, and Merry Christmas to you all!

The interview made it sound like the bullrope was added by Stan at the very last minute for whatever reason. Knowing the Turner executives, they probably didn't want to mention it on national TV for fear of scaring the little Lexies (or whatever Luger's young fans called themselves at the time).

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1990-12-16-NWA-Starrcade '90] Interview: Stan Hansen