Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-02-18-WWF-Primetime Wrestling] Pick The Brain

Loss

• 5 weeks later...

Prime Time now has a studio audience. They have submitted questions to Vince to ask Bobby to see if he's really The Brain. Vince is seriously about to crack up at a few Heenan responses and finally stops trying to hide it. This was funny stuff. More of these to come.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I prefer Gino and Bobby in the studio, but if they're going to do this type of format, Vince is about the best you can get for a host. He sets them up and the Brain hits them out. Lord Alfred has a cameo at the very end. This reminds me of TNT's "Advice to the Lovelorn" segment. Bobby did one of those in what had to be one of his first national WWF appearances back in 1984.

I wonder why they changed formats. Was it sagging ratings? A desire to showcase Heenan (among others) in more of an "entertainment"-type setting? Or did Gino ask off for health reasons, and Vince decided that as long as they needed a new host, they might as well try a different format too?

• 9 months later...

I prefer Gino and Bobby in the studio, but if they're going to do this type of format, Vince is about the best you can get for a host. He sets them up and the Brain hits them out. Lord Alfred has a cameo at the very end. This reminds me of TNT's "Advice to the Lovelorn" segment. Bobby did one of those in what had to be one of his first national WWF appearances back in 1984.

I wonder why they changed formats. Was it sagging ratings? A desire to showcase Heenan (among others) in more of an "entertainment"-type setting? Or did Gino ask off for health reasons, and Vince decided that as long as they needed a new host, they might as well try a different format too?

The ratings were sinking fast.

• 1 year later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-02-18-WWF-Primetime Wrestling] Pick The Brain