Pro Wrestling Only

[1991-WWA-TV] Fuerza Guerrera vs Negro Casas (originally aired in either 1986 or 1987)

Loss

• 3 months later...

It's interesting to see Fuerza working a match without the comedy. This is more title match style, and Fuerza looks excellent, showing that the clumsy act is just that, a clumsy act, and that he's a very accomplished wrestler. I really enjoyed all of this, but the final fall was especially great, with each guy getting increasingly desperate to end this, and the nearfalls piling up. There's no real mean streak on display here. This is two pros going at it in a pretty straightforward wrestling match. But the match doesn't feel like it's missing anything for that, simply because it's executed so well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really awesome third fall that descends into a slugfest, then some high-flying, and then back to mat wrestling with some great counters and desperation escapes by Guerrera. Something for everybody, but all the style transitions feel organic, rather than disjointed. Regardless of which year it's from it's a hell of a match.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I guess I'm the outlier, then. The third fall was good, but the first two sort of dragged. I kept waiting for the action to pick up, and it didn't until the third fall. I liked the boxing match within that fall, though, and the high flying looked really good. Maybe if they'd thrown a bit of that stuff in the first two falls I'd have enjoyed this more. It wasn't a bad match, but I could do without ever seeing it again.

• 2 years later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1991-WWA-TV] Fuerza Guerrera vs Negro Casas (originally aired in either 1986 or 1987)
  • 5 years later...