Pro Wrestling Only

[1998-04-11-ARSION] Yumi Fukawa vs Michiko Ohmukai

Jetlag

This is some grainy handheld of a houseshow match which is better than a fuckload of highly praised matches. They start this of with some lucharesu then morph into a BattlARTS style match. The matwork wasn't high end slick and smooth like in other matches but they went out to tell a story. Ohmukai was battering Fukawa with kicks from left and right, and Fukawa made all these awesome desperation armbar attempts. All of Ohmukai's stuff landed with bad intention and Fukawa was as brilliant as ever. The finish was fucking brutal aswell. Great little match.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, this was really awesome. I was a bit worried they were going down a route I wasn't really interested in with the very first exchange, then approximately forty seconds in Ohmukai started kneeing Fukawa in the face and they never looked back. Who the fuck is Michiko Ohmukai, anyway? She was fantastic in this, like a more supple Takeshi Ono. She threw forty yarders to the gut, a couple Wanderlei punts, a brutal axe kick, and she hit one springboard wheel kick where she landed with practically her entire body weight on Fukawa's head. There was one bit where she'd gone for an armbar and Fukawa made it to the ropes, then as Fukawa was on all fours trying to get back to her feet Ohmukai just drilled her elbow with a kick. It was nasty as hell. Fukawa was her usual spunky self and all of her tricked out submission attempts had a hint of desperation about them. It felt like she actually HAD to get creative when going for submissions just to avoid being booted in the mouth. And that finish looked like it just about ripped out BOTH shoulders. What a cool find. I need to watch more Ohmukai.

• 4 weeks later...

The ringside camera was up close and personal. Both girls looked tremendous. I am talking about wrestling here. Omukai (no h) brought her vicious kicks into play. Fukawa had some superb counters and they both looked fab on the mat. The transitions and body part work were excellent as was the selling. Yumi was screaming in pain. The early Arsion style is such a joy to watch. Fresh and innovative. This wasn't a feature match or of any real importance, but it was high quality. I'd have liked to have seen these two go longer.

• GSR changed the title to [1998-04-11-ARSION] Yumi Fukawa vs Michiko Ohmukai