Pro Wrestling Only

[1994-09-24-NSPW] Yoshiro Ito vs Keisuke Yamada

Jetlag

Ito vs. Yamada was shown in full and was a pretty cool little clash, like a poor man's Vader/Tamura. Lots of potatoe shots, and Ito, who could still move well at this point, was slamming the fuck out of Yamada with pro style powerbombs and suplexes. Yamada is the future Black Buffalo (of all people) and had some cool judo throws on Ito's roided ass. Yamada looked the most talented of anyone on the card and it feels like a waste that he went on to do garbage wrestling for the rest of the 90s.

• 6 months later...

Yeah, poor man's Vader/Tamura is pretty apt. Poor man's Vader/Tamura still has a bit to live up to though and I thought it was a pretty damn cool seven minutes of shoot style. I don't think I've seen Ito before but he had some cool throws and those powerbombs mean enough that you could buy a TKO. Yamada threw a couple brutal wheel kicks and hung in there pretty well for a guy getting dropped on his neck eight times.

• 1 month later...
  • GSR changed the title to [1994-09-24-NSPW] Yoshiro Ito vs Keisuke Yamada