Pro Wrestling Only

Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling- May 86

spaldoni

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could be cool to see Sweet Brown Sugar and Hot Property working together more.

Loved the finish to Race vs Snuka! Sick bump at the end there.

Duggan looking very strong overcoming the numbers game to pin Robinson clean.

MACW @ WTBS Studios TV Aired 5-24-86

Schiavone: ​Hello again everybody and welcome to another edition of Mid Atlantic Championship Wrestling. With me is my partner David Crockett. David, we have a great show lined up as we head into a huge Memorial Day Weekend of wrestling,

Crockett: ​Indeed we do Tony. Our big Memorial Day Event happens this Sunday in Richmond and we also have a huge card in Shelby NC on Saturday Night. Tonight in action we'll see Austin Idol, Rob Fuller, Bob Backlund, the new National Champion, Jimmy Snuka, US tag champs, Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley.

Schiavone: ​Also in action will be Sweet Brown Sugar, Polynesian Power, the Bar Room Brawlers, Corporal Kirchner, Mr. Olympia makes an appearance with us as well as Mid Atlantic Champ, Harley Race.

Crockett: ​And our main event will be the team of Greatness taking on Rolling Thunder. We will also hear from US Champion, Ted Dibiase as well as his Memorial Day Challenger, Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Terry Taylor will be joining us as well.

Schiavone: ​Fans, we want to give you an update on Tony St. Clair. Last week he was viciously attacked by Tiger Jeet Singh and Abdullah the Butcher. It looks like Tony will be out of action for a couple weeks but has informed us he will have a big announcement when he returns.

Crockett: ​That was a despicable act by Singh and Abdullah. We've seen Singh perform a number of these acts and Tony you heard that Carlos Colon is blind right now due to Abdullah. These two men are pure evil. Now this Sunday at the Memorial Day Event, they will get a shot at the NWA World tag team titles. Fans, lets here some pre recorded comments from the champs themselves, the Road Warriors.

From a UWF Locker Room

​Paul Ellering is patting his Wall Street Journal on his mouth.

Animal: ​Singh and Abdullah think they're some real bad dudes! Well this Sunday we're going to show you what bad is all about because you're getting in the ring with the Road Warriors! Tell them Hawk!

Hawk: ​Well! ​I don't think these guys are so bad. We're the team that snacks on danger and dines on death and come this Sunday those boys are in for the beating of their miserable lives!

​Back in the Studio

Polynesian Power vs. Tim Straw and Jay Jones

​Tui swings Jones into the ropes and back drops him then drop kicks him to the corner. Jones tags in Straw. Straw charges in and gets hip tossed by Tui. Tui tags in Sakalia. Sakalia body slams Straw and follows with a running elbow drop then tags Tui. Tui climbs to the top rope. Sakalia hits the Samoan Drop on Straw, then Tui hits the elbow off the top rope for the pin!

Commercial Break

Schiavone: ​A quick announcement, in a couple weeks there will be a tag team battle royal and the winning team will receive a US Tag Team Title shot. Highlights of that battle royal will be shown on TV. That should be exciting as we have so many tag team contenders vying for those titles. On that note, lets go to the ring,

​US Tag Champs Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley vs. Gary Williams and Dave Penson

​Johnson executes a vertical suplex on Penson then tags in Cooley. Johnson and Cooley swing Penson to the ropes and nail him with a double back elbow smash. Cooley picks up Penson and hits the Oklahoma Stampede then tags in Johnson. Johnson puts Penson in the Boston Crab for the win! The fans cheer as the champs head to the podium.

Crockett: You guys looked great tonight. Well, you have Rock Riddle's Agency reps, the Fabulous Blondes at the Memorial Day Event.

Johnson: Those blonde buffoons have been a thorn in our sides long enough. They've taken every cheap shot possible but this weekend it's time we show that low level agency why we're holding these here titles.

Cooley: That's right partner, Rock Riddle thinks he has a block buster team in the Fabulous Blondes but we're going to prove they're nothing but flops!

​Commercial Break

Mr. Olympia vs. Alex Portman

​Olympia swings Portman to the ropes and puts him down with a back elbow smash. Olympia body slams Portman then follows with 3 consecutive elbow drops. Olympia suplexes Portman and follows with a fist drop. Olympia picks up Portman and clamps on the Sleeper to get the win! Olympia heads to the podium.

Schiavone: ​Welcome to Mid Atlantic Mr. Olympia. I understand you have a specific reason why you're here.

Olympia: ​That's right Tony, I'm here for one reason...the money baby! 10 Grand sounds pretty good to me. That's right JJ Dillon, I'm challenging your big boy King Kong Bundy at the Memorial Day Event for 10,000 big ones Jack!

The fans boo as JJ Dillon walks out with the briefcase. He taps the case and smiles arrogantly.

JJ: ​Just what makes you so special? I mean what makes you think you even stand a chance against my guy?

Olympia: ​Dillon, I've put down bigger men then Bundy and got paid a lot less to do it.

JJ: ​(Laughs) The only person that will be paying is you Olympia because after the beating you get from Bundy, you're going to pay dearly.

Olympia: ​Don't get to attached to that money Dillon because it's coming home with me!

Rob Fuller vs. Aaron Arbuckle

​Fuller swings Aaron to the ropes and puts him down with a clothesline. Fuller puts his boot down and chokes away then follows with a series of stomps. Fuller picks up Aaron and rams his head on the turnbuckle then lifts him up and drops him with a Gourdbuster to get the pin!

Commercial Break

Bar Room Brawlers vs. Ronny Wilson and Ken Jenkins

​The Brawlers double body slam Jenkins then pound on Wilson and throw him out of the ring. Vines executes a backbreaker on Jenkins and holds him in place as Sword comes off the top rope with a stomp to the chest. Sword covers for the pin!

After the match, the Brawlers cut a promo on their upcoming match with the Southern Ramblers, saying Paul Jones is going to regret the day he crossed them.

Sweet Brown Sugar vs. Lloyd London

​The fans cheer as Sugar drop kicks London. London staggers up and Sugar takes him over with a flying leg scissors. Sugar hits a suplex on London then gets up on the top turnbuckle. London staggers up and Sugar hits him with a Missile Drop Kick for the pin. The Ref raises Sugar's arm to the cheering fans. The cheers turn to boos as the Cobra and Assassins hit the ring and attack Sugar. They put the boots to him, but the fans cheer as Hot Property hits the ring! Everybody is fighting as the crowd roars.

Commercial Break

​Schiavone: ​Oh my that was quite an incident we just had. Those men will be involved in a big 6 man tag match this weekend in Shelby. Speaking of the Shelby card, Corporal Kirchner will clash with Canadian International Champ Don Kernodle. Let's go to the ring as Corporal Kirchner is ready for action.

​Corporal Kirchner vs. Neil Adamson

​Kirchner swings Adamson to the ropes and puts him down with a boot to the face. Kirchner follows with a standing leg drop. Kirchner picks up Adamson and hits the Fallaway Slam for the pin! Kirchner grabs the American Flag and heads to the podium.

​Kirchner: ​I couldn't ask for a better weekend to beat down Kernodle than this weekend! Don, I'm the real Pride of the USA and this weekend in Shelby I finally get my hands on you and boy am I going to make you pay! Don, you betrayed me and you attacked me, those actions will have serious consequences. I'm putting you down Don!

Crockett: Very strong words from Corporal Kirchner. Ok fans joining me right now is another man with a score to settle. Terry Taylor, come on in. Terry it seems Rip Oliver and Paul Jones are having issues with you.

Taylor: ​They have issues because I got sick and tired of watching them attack Jimmy Valiant time and time again. I know that's how Jones and Oliver operates but that doesn't mean I have to just stand by and watch. No, I decided to do something about it, so Oliver, it's you and me at the Memorial Day Event. Let's see how tough you really are.

​Commercial Break

Mid Atlantic Champ Harley Race vs. Kent Larson

​Race hammers away on Larson, hits a delayed vertical suplex then picks him up and hits a swinging neckbreaker. Race hoists Larson up and crashes him down with the piledriver for the pin! Race grabs his title and heads for the podium.

Race: ​At the Memorial Day Event, it's you and me Orndorff! You're like that annoying fly that wont go away and I'm going to swat you down for good! Mark my words, this Mid Atlantic title comes home with me!

Bob Backlund vs. Stuart Thompson

​Backlund scoop slams Thompson then drops a knee. Backlund hits a gut wrench suplex then picks up Thompson and hits the running Atomic Drop, Backlund then clamps on the Cross Face Chicken Wing to get the submission victory!

Backlund cuts a promo on his upcoming match with Brad Rheingans this weekend in Shelby

Commercial Break

'The Universal Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Hank Mitchell

​Idol hits a back elbow off the ropes then follows with a running jumping elbow drop. Idol grabs Hank's leg and drops an elbow down on it then wraps him up in the Las Vegas Leglock to get the win! Idol gives a right bicep pose to the crowd when Rob Fuller charges the ring and nails Idol from behind with a clothesline! Fuller stomps away on Idol then throws him over the top rope. Fuller goes to the outside, grabs Idol and swings him into the steel post! Wrestlers from the back come out to stop Fuller.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: Well fans, Austin Idol needed assistance out of here. But I can tell you one thing, he's not missing his match with Fuller at the Memorial Day Event. Lets go to the ring as the NWA National Champion is set for action.

NWA National Champ Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka vs. Greg Riley

​Snuka chops Riley back, swings him to the ropes and knocks him down with a flying headbutt. Snuka gets up on the top turnbuckles, flashes the 'I love you' sign then crashes down with the Superfly Splash for the pin! Snuka heads to the podium.

Crockett: ​Jimmy, first of all congratulations on winning the NWA National Title. My brother and I, along with the entire Mid Atlantic promotion are proud of you. Now, this weekend at the Memorial Day Event, it's you and Blackjack Mulligan in a Bull Rope Match.

Snuka: ​Thank you very much David. The Superfly is very happy to hold this title...

The fans boo as Mulligan heads out

Mulligan: ​Snuka! I know you're nothing but a coward but if you have just a shred of guts then you will put that National Title up in our Bull rope match. I would love nothing more than to drag you around the ring with my bull rope and win that title while I'm at it. That is if you have any kind of guts whatsoever!

Snuka: You want this title on the line, then it's on the line brotha!

Mulligan and Snuka go towards each other but officials run out before an altercation happens.

​Commercial Break

Rolling Thunder vs. Greatness

​These two teams will go at in Shelby so the fans get a preview here on TV. The fans cheer as Rolling Thunder heads to the ring but Greatness runs up from behind and attacks them before they enter the ring. Robinson hammers away on Morales as Sammartino stomps away on Huber. Robinson picks up Morales and rams him into the steel post. Sammartino picks up Huber in a bearhug and rams him into the steel post. Greatness grabs chairs and start swinging down on Rolling Thunder until Officials run out to stop this madness as the fans continue to boo.

Commercial Break

Schiavone: ​Fans, Billy Robinson and David Sammartino's actions were out of control. I'm sure fines will be handed out for that horrible act. Ok, as you know Hacksaw Jim Duggan will wrestle Ted Dibiase for the United States Title at the Memorial Day Event. Joining me now is the challenger, Hacksaw Duggan,

The fans roar as Duggan storms out to the podium.

Duggan: Our moment has finally come Dibiase! It's put up or shut up time! I'm going to clobber you all over the ring and put you down 1..2..3 to win that US title! Your time's up Dibiase!

Duggan gives a thumbs up to the fans as he leaves.

Schiavone: ​Ok fans, there you have it, straight from the challenger, Hacksaw Jim Duggan. Now we're going to end the show as we hear from the US Champ, the Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase. I believe it's from one of his favorite restaurants.

Dibiase is sitting in an upper scale restaurant. He puts down the menu and looks at the camera.

Dibiase: ​Always nice to eat a good meal around civilized people. They wouldn't let somebody like Duggan even walk through the front door here. And as you peons out there can see, this environment is a whole lot better than that outdated place, Mid Atlantic calls a studio. (Laughs) Now Duggan, wealth is what it's all about and my wealth is deeper than dollars because I'm rich in ring ability and well off in wrestling skills. (Laughs again) Duggan, a blue collar moron like you will never get the bottom line and that bottom line is money is everything and this title is my biggest prize! This title proves why the Crockett's paid me the big bucks! And there's no way a moron like you will ever hold this prestigious title!

The show ends with Dibiase laughing then picking up his menu.

...snack on danger and dine on death was my favourite pro wrestling quote of the 1980s. I'm happy to see it pop up here.

Nice job on the lead-in show overall, building things up for the big card.

Loved the last segment, with the stark contrast between the affable and down-to-earth Duggan and the stuck-up, superior attitude of Dibiase.

Roadies and Abby/Singh should be incredible. Olympia might be a little crazy going after Bundy right now. Kirchner vs. Kernodle! Two guys I don't much care for but your booking has me interested. Snuka and Mulligan in a bullrpe match for the title is such a big match. Those two have been feuding forever and it's a good thing. I'll agree on the contrast between DiBiase and Duggan. Very well done and I'm pumped for the Memorial Day show.

Duggan & Dibiase were such a hot act in Mid-South and I'm glad to see this unfold in Mid-Atlantic as well. Polar opposites always make for some gripping promos. Memorial Day should be jampacked with excitement! Looking forward to Mr. Olympia vs King Kong Bundy!

​MACW @ The Rec Center, Shelby NC 5-24-86

​'Cowboy' Scott Casey vs. Chick Donovan

​Pretty decent opening bout as Casey and Donovan go back and forth. Donovan uses some power as he body slams and drops elbows on Casey. Casey turns things around as he leapfrogs over Donovan, swings back off the ropes and hits the flying body press for the pin!

Iron Mike Sharpe vs. Vinnie Valentino

​Valentino takes Sharpe over with a series of hip tosses then drop kicks him down. Valentino picks up Sharpe but gets an eye rake. Sharpe body slams Valentino and drops an elbow from the 2nd turnbuckle to get the pin!

​Bar Room Brawlers vs. The Southern Ramblers w/Paul Jones

​The bell rings and these two teams just go at it as Jones bails through the ropes. They continue to brawl until the Ref finally gets control. Vines and Rose have a heated exchange with Vines getting the upper hand, he hits Rose with a series of fists and swings him into the corner. Sword chokes Rose as Vines charges in with a knee to the mid section then tags in Sword. They swing Rose to the ropes and hit him with a double kick to the stomach and follow with a double suplex. Sword covers but Rich swings off the ropes and hits Sword with a leg drop to break the pin. Vines runs in but the Ref stops him and guides him back. Rich drags Rose and tags himself in. Rich stomps away on Sword then drops several knees. Rich picks up Sword, swings him to the ropes and back drops him, then tags in Rose. The Ramblers double body slam Sword and Rose covers but Vines drops a knee to break the pin. Rich pushes Vines and they start brawling in the corner. Rose and Sword stagger up and start brawling by the ropes. The Ref is trying to break up Rich and Vines. Jones gets up on the apron and WHACKS Sword on the head with his cane! Rose covers, the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! Jones is jumping up and down celebrating as the fans boo.

​Greatness vs. Rolling Thunder

​Greatness gets into the ring with a chorus of boos. An official gets into the ring and says something to the ring announcer. The announcer tells the crowd that due to injuries sustained at the hands of Greatness this week on TV, Rolling Thunder will not be able to compete tonight. Robinson and Sammartino are holding their arms up in victory. The announcer then says a team will be substituting for Rolling Thunder tonight. The fans cheer as the Steiner Brothers head down the aisle.

Greatness vs. The Steiner Brothers

Greatness are livid and as soon as the Steiners enter the ring, they charge them. The bell rings and Greatness pounds away but the Steiners get the upper hand. They swing Greatness to the ropes and put them down with clotheslines. The fans are out of their seats as the Steiners hit back suplexes on Greatness. The Ref gets control. Scott and David are in the ring. Scott swings David to the ropes and back drops him, then Gorilla Press Slams him down. Scott tags in Rick. Rick swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop. Rick picks up David and suplexes him back then covers 1..2..Billy breaks it up, then runs over and hits Scott. Scott charges in but the Ref guides him back. Billy picks up Rick and puts him down with a Hangman's Neckbreaker. Billy goes back to his corner. David slowly gets up, picks up Rick and rams his head on the turnbuckle and tags in Billy. Billy wallops Rick with some European uppercuts, grabs him and vertical suplexes him back. Billy then hits Rick with a side slam backbreaker. He picks Rick up as David sticks out his boot. Billy rams Rick's head on his boot then tags in David. David body slams Rick, goes to the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a flying knee drop. David body slams Rick again and turns him over, then grabs the top rope and stomps on Rick's back. David picks up Rick and clamps on the Bear Hug. Scott runs in and clotheslines David from behind. Billy comes in but Scott grabs him and belly to belly suplexes him over. Scott goes back to his corner. Rick staggers up and makes the lunging tag to Scott. Billy staggers up and Scott clotheslines him over the top rope. Scott swings David to the ropes and clotheslines him down. Scott swings David hard into the corner, tags Rick, Rick gets up on the top turnbuckles. Scott hoists David up on his shoulders and Rick hits the flying bulldog off the top rope for the 1..2..3! The crowd roars as the Steiners stand tall.

Bob Backlund vs. Mister Brad Rheingans

The bell rings and Brad stands back and taunts Bob. They lock up and Brad takes Bob over with an armdrag. Brad gives Bob a look of superiority. They lock up again and Bob clamps on a headlock but Brad grabs his hair and yanks him down. Brad then rakes Bob's eyes and clamps on a headlock of his own. Bob hoists Brad up and atomic drops him into the turnbuckles. Brad hits them and staggers back, Bob grabs him and suplexes him back. Bob picks Brad up again and German Suplexes him back, stays locked and rolls him around and up, then hits another German Suplex. The Ref counts 1..2..Brad kicks out. Bob swings Brad to the ropes and back drops him. Brad staggers up, Bob lifts Brad up for the Running Atomic drop but Brad flips over and pushes Bob into the turnbuckles. Brad grabs Bob and suplexes him back. Brad regroups and chokes away on Bob, breaking at the Ref's count of 4. He repeats this a couple more times. Brad backs up and waits for Bob to stand. Bob wobbles up and Brad takes him down with a Cutter. Brad covers 1..2..Bob gets a foot on the rope. The Ref shows Brad but Brad still argues with him. Brad tells the crowd its over. He picks up Bob and goes for a suplex but Bob blocks it, hooks Brad up and executes a Bridging Cradle Suplex 1..2..3! The crowd roars as Bob rolls over exhausted. Bob is on his knees as the Ref raises his arm in victory. Brad gets up and attacks Bob. Brad stomps away on the arm then applies the Kimura. The Ref is telling him to get off him but Brad wrenches away. The bell rings several times but Brad wont release the hold. Officials hit the ring but it takes awhile for them to get Brad to release the Kimura. Brad gives Bob another stomp on the arm before leaving to boos. Bob is helped out of there as his arm as been severely damaged.

Hot Property and Sweet Brown Sugar vs. The Assassins and Cobra w/ The Assassin

​Well the pattern of tag matches tonight doesn't change as all 6 men start brawling when the bell rings. The Ref lets it go for a bit and the fans are loving it. Hot Property and Sugar get the upper and swing the Assassins and Cobra to the ropes and all of them hit a back drop, sending them out of the ring. The Assassin runs over and regroups his men as the crowd cheers Hot Property and Sugar on. Property and Sugar control the next few minutes with quick tags and high flying offense. The tide turns when Savoldi swings off the ropes but takes a knee from Assassin 1 from the apron. Savoldi staggers forward as Cobra puts him down with a knee strike. Cobra hits a snap suplex then tags in Assassin 2, who jumps off the turnbuckles with a knee drop. Assassin 2 tags in Assassin 1. The Assassins pick up Savoldi and drop him with a double stomach breaker. Assassin 1 tags in Cobra, who jumps off the top rope and hits a Senton (That got a big reaction from the crowd) Cobra covers 1..2..Sugar breaks the count with a flying fist drop. Assassins run in as does Travis. The Ref is trying to regain order as chaos ensues. The Ref finally gets order. Cobra swings Savoldi to the ropes but Savoldi leapfrogs over and tags in Travis. Travis hammers away on Cobra, swings him to the ropes and drop kicks him. Assassin 1 runs in and gets a drop kick from Travis, Assassin 2 runs in and Travis drop kicks him down. Once again the Ref is distracted by all this. The Assassin runs around the ring and hands Cobra a foreign object. Cobra puts it in his mask. As Travis turns around, Cobra grabs him and nails him with a jumping headbutt, knocking Travis out cold. Cobra covers 1..2..3! Cobra stands up but is dropkicked out of the ring by Sugar. The Assassins roll out of the ring as Savoldi and Sugar attend to Travis. Cobra staggers up and joins his team as the Assassin raises their arms in victory to defining boos.

Canadian International Champ Don Kernodle vs. Corporal Kirchner

​The minute these two set eyes on each other, the fight began. The match officially starts and the heated exchange continues. The crowd roars as Kirchner gets the upper hand and pounds away on Kernodle. Kernodle backs up on his knees and begs for mercy. Kirchner looks at the crowd, then kicks Kernodle in the gut. Kirchner just stomps away on Kernodle. Kirchner body slams Kernodle and just continues stomping away on him. He picks Kernodle up and wallops him, sending him up and over the top rope! Kernodle is busted open and laying on the ground. The Ref is guiding Kirchner back. Kernodle is crawling around and grabs his Canadian Title off the table, then falls back down. Kirchner goes through the ropes and to the ground. He grabs Kernodle but Kernodle swings up the title and nails Kirchner with it, busting him open! The Ref sees this and signals for the Disqualification. Kernodle is still reeling from the beating he took and just walks away as the fans throw garbage at him. The Ref is checking on Kirchner.

Polynesian Power vs. Caspian Empire

​The last match of the night keeps the tone going as both teams start off brawling. The Ref's have had a hard night and the Ref here almost gives up as he lets the teams brawl. Of course the fans seem to like it. After a few minutes of brawling, the Ref actually gets some order. Sheik rakes the eyes of Tui then hits a gut wrench suplex. Sheik body slams Tui and tags in Smirnoff, who fly's off the turnbuckles with a forearm drop and cover 1..2..Tui kicks out. Smirnoff swings Tui to the ropes and bends down but Tui kicks him and makes the tag to Sakalia. Sakalia hits Smirnoff with some thrust shots then puts him down with a super kick and covers 1..2..Sheik breaks the count with a stomp. Sakalia picks up Smirnoff but Smirnoff gouges the eyes, kicks him in the mid section and body slams him. Smirnoff tags in Sheik and the Caspian Empire double team Sakalia. Sheik chokes away on Sakalia then drops several knees and tags in Smirnoff. Sheik body slams Sakalia, as Smirnoff executes a flying knee drop from the top rope and covers 1..2..Tui breaks the count. Smirnoff tags in Sheik. Sheik swings Sakalia to the ropes but misses a clothesline attempt, Sakalia swings back and drop kicks Sheik then tags in Tui. Tui hammers away on Sheik, swings him to the ropes and back drops him. Smirnoff runs in and gets back dropped. Tui swings off the ropes and hits Sheik with a flying forearm blast then tags in Sakalia. Sakalia super kicks Smirnoff through the ropes. Sakalia tags Tui, who climbs to the top ropes. Sakalia hoists up Sheik over his shoulders and puts him down with the Samoan Drop as Tui follows with a flying elbow drop for the pin!!! The crowd erupts as Polynesian Power bump fists and hug.

It makes me happy to see Iron Mike get a pin.

Great use of the Steiners as an unpleasant surprise for the bad guys.

Backlund gets the win... but at what cost? And that's kind of a theme tonight, as a few guys take a ton of punishment...

Polynesian Power getting some sweet revenge is a great way to end the show.

I like Backlund's win and Rheingans' reaction a lot. The Steiners with a big win over Greatness. Referees definitely had a tough job tonight, a lot of out of control brawling. Kirch vs. Kernodle does not disappoint. Polynesian Power sending the fans home happy is a great way to end the show.

MACW- The Memorial Day Event @ The Coliseum, Richmond VA 5-25-86

​Terry Taylor vs. Rip Oliver w/ Paul Jones

​The bell rings and Oliver charges but Taylor back drops him, then knocks Jones out of the ring. Taylor swings off the ropes and hits Oliver with a forearm bash. Taylor drops an elbow and covers but Oliver kicks out, Taylor picks up Oliver and gets an eye rake, Oliver follows with several forearm bashes then swings Taylor to the ropes and puts him down with a clothesline. Oliver gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops a knee, then covers 1..2..Taylor kicks out. Oliver picks up Taylor, swings him to the ropes but Taylor comes back and puts him down with a shoulder block. The crowd cheers as Taylor fires up. Taylor picks up Oliver and swings him around but Oliver's boot knocks the Ref down. Oliver and Taylor fall as well. Taylor checks on the Ref. Jones gets up on the apron and throws his cane over by Oliver. Oliver gets the cane and nails Taylor on the back! Oliver throws the cane out of the ring and attempts to wake the Ref up. But the fans let out a roar because Jimmy Valiant is running down the aisle. He winds up and sends Jones spinning with a punch. Valiant garbs the cane, gets in the ring and dances. Oliver turns around and WHACK, gets hit with the cane! Oliver just falls back. Valiant slides Taylor on top, drags the Ref over and 1..2..3!! The fans cheer as Valiant helps Taylor up.

10,000 Dollar Challenge

​King Kong Bundy w/JJ Dillon vs. Mr. Olympia

​JJ arrogantly smiles at Olympia as he opens the briefcase and says "All you have to do is beat him" JJ laughs and slams the case shut as Bundy stares at Olympia with his hands on his hips. The bell rings and Bundy runs over and knocks Olympia down with a running shoulder block. Bundy swings off the ropes and drops a giant knee. Bundy swings off the ropes again and drops a giant elbow. Bundy picks up Olympia and swings him hard into the turnbuckles. Bundy holds his arms out then charges full speed, Olympia moves and Bundy crashes hard into the turnbuckles. The crowd cheers as a look of panic goes on the face of JJ Dillon. Olympia regroups, grabs Bundy and rams his head on the turnbuckle several times. Olympia punches Bundy a few times then swings him across the ring to the opposite turnbuckles and follows with a running forearm smash to the head. Bundy staggers forward and Olympia body slams him! Olympia swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop and covers 1..2..Bundy kicks out. JJ is clutching the case hard as he seems to be having a nervous breakdown. Olympia swings Bundy to the ropes but Bundy comes back and just mows him over! Bundy regroups and body slams Olympia then body slams him again. Bundy swings Olympia into the corner and charges in and hits the Avalanche! Bundy tosses Olympia to the center of the ring, swings off the ropes and hits the Big Splash 1..2..3! JJ wipes the sweat from his face then enters the ring and holds Bundy's arm up with one hand while holding the briefcase up with the other.

'The Universal' Heartthrob' Austin Idol vs. Rob 'The Stud' Fuller

​The bell rings and these two slug it out in the middle of the ring. Idol gets the upper hand, and a solid right fist sends Fuller against the ropes, Idol backs up and clotheslines Fuller over the top rope as the fans go wild! Fuller hits the ground as Idol flexes to the crowd. Fuller eventually gets up on the apron. Idol runs over and suplexes Fuller back into the ring, then follows with a corkscrew elbow drop and cover 1..2..Fuller barely gets his shoulder up. Idol picks up Fuller and swings him into the corner and charges in but Fuller nails him with a big boot to the face! Fuller regroups and stomps down hard on Idol, then chokes him with his boot. Fuller picks up Idol and body slams him, then gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits a flying knee drop and covers 1..2..Idol kicks out. The fans are cheering Idol on and Fuller tells them to shut up. A frustrated Fuller throws Idol out of the ring, then follows. The Ref is telling him to get back in the ring but Fuller doesn't listen. The Ref starts the count. Fuller picks up Idol and goes for a punch but Idol blocks it and punches him. Idol follows with several punches, then throws Fuller back in the ring but the Ref hits the count of 10 and signals for the bell. Rob Fuller gets the cheap countout win! The fans are booing. Idol is livid and hits the ring then hits Fuller several times and throws him over the top rope as the fans cheer.

TV Title Bout

​'The Doctor of Desire' Tom Prichard © w/Rock Riddle vs. Mark Youngblood

​The first few minutes is back and forth fast pace action. Both men show serious skill with various suplexes and solid wrestling. Prichard hits Mark with a back elbow smash off the ropes then drops a knee and covers but Mark kicks out. Prichard body slams Mark then gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle and drops an elbow. Prichard covers but Mark kicks out. Prichard is fed up and hoists Mark on top of the turnbuckles. Prichard hops up and is going for the Superplex. Mark hits Prichard a few times then a big punch sends Prichard flying off the turnbuckles. Prichard staggers up and Mark jumps off with a tomahawk chop to the top of the head. The fans cheer as Mark gets his war dance going. Mark hits Prichard with a series of chops then chops him down. Mark swings off the ropes and drops another tomahawk chop and covers but Prichard kicks out. Mark is on fire and swings Prichard into the corner and follows with a running boot to the head. Prichard staggers forward and Mark hits a scoop slam. Mark goes out on the apron and is ready to hit the Sling Shot Splash but Riddle grabs his ankle and pulls it. Mark gains momentum and kicks Riddle in his chest, sending him flying back and down! Mark goes for the Sling Shot Splash but Prichard raises his knees. Mark crashes down on the knees, Prichard rolls him over with a handful of tights 1..2..3! Tom Prichard retains the TV Title!

US Tag Team Title Bout

​Rocky Johnson and Wendell Cooley © vs. The Fabulous Blondes w/Rock Riddle

​No Rock Riddle as he's still recuperating in the back. I think this has thrown the Blondes off a bit as the Champs control the first few minutes with quick tags and good teamwork. Johnson and Cooley swing Crews to the ropes and knock him down with a double back elbow smash then follow with a double elbow drop. Timbs runs in but gets a double back body drop, sending him rolling out of the ring. Cooley picks up Crews and body slams him then tags in Johnson, who swings off the ropes and hits a fist drop and covers 1..2..Timbs drops and leg on Johnson to break the count. Cooley comes in and punches Timbs back to the corner. The Ref is guiding Cooley back. Johnson stands up and Timbs hits him with a running high knee. Crews rolls to the corner and without making a legal tag, Timbs just starts working over Johnson. Timbs swings Johnson into the corner and follows with a running knee to the mid section. Timbs grabs Johnson and suplexes him back. Timbs picks up Johnson and walks him to the corner and holds him, while Crews nails him with a right fist. Timbs tags in Crews. They double body slam Johnson and Crews

covers 1..2..Johnson kicks out. The Blondes start double teaming Johnson in the corner. Cooley runs over, grabs the Blondes heads and knocks them together. The crowd cheers Johnson on. Crews picks up Johnson but Johnson nails Crews with a series of jabs and knocks him down with a solid right then tags in Cooley. Cooley hammers away on Crews, swings him to the ropes and drop kicks him down. Timbs runs in but gets dropkicked back to the corner. Cooley swings off the ropes and hits a flying knee drop and covers but Timbs drops an elbow to break it. Johnson runs in and drop kicks Timbs out of the ring. Johnson executes a backbreaker on Crews before going back to the corner. Cooley picks Crews up and hits the Oklahoma Stampede 1..2..3! The fans cheer as Johnson and Cooley retain the US Tag Titles!

NWA National Title Bull Rope Match

​'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka © vs. Blackjack Mulligan

​Both men are strapped together at the wrists by the Bull Rope. This match is under pinfall or submission rules. The Ref's connect the rope to each man's wrist. The Ref holds up the National Title to the crowd as Snuka and Mulligan are ready to fight and that's exactly what happens when the bell rings. It's not pretty as these guys just beat the heck out of each other. Within minutes both men are busted open and bleeding bad. Mulligan sends Snuka down with a bull rope clothesline then chokes him with the rope. Mulligan wraps the rope around his hand and pummels Snuka on the head. Mulligan covers 1..2..Snuka kicks out. Mulligan continues the assault with the rope as Snuka's face is a bloody mess. Mulligan drags Snuka to the corner and gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle. Mulligan waits as Snuka rises. Snuka stands and Mulligan hits a bull rope clothesline! Mulligan doesn't cover and once again drags Snuka over and gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle. Mulligan just waits. It takes Snuka awhile to stand, Snuka stands up, turns around and yanks the rope, sending Mulligan flying off the turnbuckles. The crowd roars Snuka on. Snuka wraps the rope around his hand and just unloads on Mulligan! Mulligan's face is also a bloody mess. Snuka just keeps hammering away on the head. Snuka drags Mulligan to the corner and gets up on the 2nd turnbuckle then fly's off with a crashing headbutt! Snuka wraps Mulligan's legs up with the ropes 1..2..3!! The crowd erupts! The ring canvas is red. The Ref unstraps the rope and hands Snuka the National Title. Snuka is leaning against the turnbuckles and holds the title up high.

NWA World Tag Team Title Bout

​The Road Warriors © w/ Paul Ellering vs. WWC Champ Abdullah the Butcher and Tiger Jeet Singh

​Ok, we go from a bloody bull rope match to this. The bell rings and the fight is on! Ellering just gets out of the way as the teams charge each other with fists flying. The Ref knows this is a world title bout, so he shows a lot of leniency. Animal and Abdullah take the fight outside and brawl all around the ring. Hawk and Singh are in the ring fighting until Hawk clotheslines Singh over the top rope. Abdullah goes to the fork and starts hammering on Animal's head with it. Hawk comes up from behind, grabs Abdullah's head and rams him into the steel post. Hawk is checking on Animal when Singh grabs Hawk from behind and pushes him into the steel post. Everybody is getting a breather. Singh starts stomping away on Hawk then picks him up and body slams him on the concrete! Animal grabs Singh and body slams him on the concrete! Abdullah clotheslines Animal from behind then drops an elbow on him. The Ref looks on in horror then signals for the bell. He yells at the announcer and the announcer informs the crowd that this match has been thrown out and declares it a No Contest. Abdullah gets out his fork and goes towards Animal but Hawk clotheslines Abdullah, sending him down. Hawk grabs Singh and throws him into the ring. Hawk helps Animal up and they hit the ring. Animal gets Singh up on his shoulders and Hawk comes off the top turnbuckles. The crowd roars as the Road Warriors hit the Doomsday Device on Singh! Ellering goes into the ring and hands the Road Warriors the tag titles. They hold them up to the cheering crowd. Abdullah walks around the ring like a Madman and tries to even climb back in a couple times.

United States Title Bout

'The Million Dollar Man' Ted Dibiase © vs. Hacksaw Jim Duggan

​The crowd is roaring as the Ref circles the ring, holding up the US Title. Dibiase is pointing and taunting Duggan but Duggan isn't intimidated one bit as he stomps around the ring, ready to fight. The bell rings and this most anticipated match is on. Duggan runs over and shoulder blocks Dibiase down, swings off the ropes, Dibiase gets up but is shoulder blocked down again. Duggan picks up Dibiase, runs around the ring and Power Slams him down. Dibiase is screaming in pain. Duggan swings off the ropes and hits a jumping knee drop and covers 1..2..Dibiase gets a foot on the rope. Duggan picks up Dibiase by the hair and punches him in the face. Duggan is still holding Dibiase by the hair and punches him several more times, swings him to the ropes and hits a flying shoulder tackle that sends Dibiase bumping out of the ring. Dibiase tries to get up but stumbles back and falls. The crowd cheers as Duggan gives them the thumbs up. The Ref guides Duggan back and starts the count. Dibiase gets on the apron at 9, Duggan runs over but Dibiase grabs his head and snaps it down on the top rope. This gives Dibiase much needed time to regroup. Dibiase gets into the ring, grabs the top rope and drops several knees on Duggan then follows with a jumping face stomp. Dibiase picks up Duggan and body slams him, then follows with a delayed fist drop. Dibiase picks up Duggan and suplexes him back then hops up on the 2nd turnbuckle and hits an elbow drop and covers 1..2..Duggan gets his shoulder up. Dibiase yells at the Ref. Dibiase picks up Duggan, swings him hard into the turnbuckles, Duggan staggers forward and Dibiase clamps on the Million Dollar Dream! Dibiase is swinging Duggan around, the crowd is roaring Duggan on. Duggan twirls Dibiase around and backs up full speed into the turnbuckles! Duggan falls forward as Dibiase slides down against the turnbuckles. The fans cheers fire up Duggan as he gets up, goes to the corner, picks up Dibiase and hammers away on him. Duggan swings Dibiase to the opposite corner and charges in with a clothesline. Duggan swings Dibiase to the other corner and hits another running clothesline. Dibiase is out of it. Duggan body slams Dibiase and backs up and gets in a 3 point stance. The fans are roaring as Duggan is stomping his back foot. Dibiase slowly staggers up and turns around. Duggan charges in and WHAM! Nails him with the running clothesline! The Ref counts 1..2..Wait a minute, 2 men rush the ring and attack Duggan! It's Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez!!!!!!! The Ref signals for the Disqualification! The bell is ringing as Rude and Fernandez stomp away on Duggan. Garbage is hitting the ring. Rude and Fernandez double body slam Duggan and continue the assault. Dibiase finally gets up. Rude and Fernandez pick up Duggan and Dibiase clamps on the Million Dollar Dream! Duggan is already out but Dibiase is spinning him around then just throws him. The fans boo as Dibiase gets his US Title and puts it around his waist, then raises the arms of Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez. Unbelievable!

There was a 5 minute break as Officials had to take Duggan out on a stretcher.

Mid Atlantic Title Bout

​Harley Race © vs. ' Mr. Wonderful' Paul Orndorff

​The fans are still reeling from what just transpired but Race and Orndorff brought them back with a very intense stare down, as the Ref holds up the Mid Atlantic Title. What a classic as both these guys had many great shining moments during the first 30 minutes. Race hit his diving headbutts and knee drops along with suplex variations such as a belly to belly, gut wrench and vertical. At one point, Race almost put Orndorff away with a Pendulum backbreaker. Orndorff held his own, as he hit Race with a flying high knee and forearm drops. He also nailed Race with several drop kicks and a backbreaker. Orndorff brought his suplex arsenal out with vertical and German suplexes. At around the 40 minute mark, Orndorff body slams Race, swings off the ropes and hits a diving knee drop and covers 1..2..Race barley gets his shoulder up. Orndorff picks Race up and swings him into the turnbuckles, Race hits hard and staggers forward, Orndorff grabs Race and hits a belly to belly suplex 1..2..Race gets a shoulder up. Orndorff slowly raises Race but Race grabs Orndorff's tights and pulls him through the ropes. Race regroups. Orndorff shakes it off and gets up on the apron. Race runs over and sends Orndorff flying off with a forearm smash. Orndorff gets on the apron and Race charges over with a high knee, sending him down again. The Ref guides Race back and warns him. The Ref starts the count. The fans cheer Orndorff on. Orndorff gets on the apron, Race comes over but Orndorff blocks his punch and punches Race back. Orndorff gets in the ring and grabs Race but Race rakes the eyes and executes a swinging neckbreaker. Race gets up and nods his head. He hoists Orndorff up for the Piledriver, Orndorff frantically kicks his legs and fights it then back drops Race over! Both men are down but slowly start to rise. Orndorff grabs Race's arm, pulls him in and nails him with a short arm clothesline. The crowd goes crazy as Orndorff makes the signal and hoists Race up then crashes him down with the Piledriver 1..2..3!!!!!! The fans blow the roof off the Coliseum! New Mid Atlantic Champion!!!!! The Ref hands Orndorff the title and raises his arm. Orndorff raises the title high as the fans go bonkers!

AND NEW!!! Paul Orndorff will make a great Mid-Atlantic Champion.

And what a dangerous trio that will be Ted Dibiase, Manny Fernandez & Rick Rude!

My favorite match was definitely the Bullrope Match. Exactly what I was expected and enjoyed every moment of it!

The NWA is on fire and MACW is leading the way with this SuperCard!

I enjoy babyfaces doing the heel thing as Valiant canes Oliver to help Taylor!

KKB continues to moves up the ranks and is a force to be reckon with!

Not sure why Dr. Tom is one of my favorites but I love the roll he is on right now... even if it is with a handful of tights

That 10 second count has so many interpretations.... and it is always what serves the purpose at the moment. Idol should have asked why he didn't get a new 10 when Fuller got back in.

Glad Rocky Johnson and Cooley are having a nice run here. They have finally found a home to get them over the top in this game.

Dibiase with help is unstoppable. He will need to find away to buy the NWA title but if he ever gets it, how will you get it away from him...

Piledriver vs Piledriver as Orndorff beats Race. Great move here as he is a great choice to carry MACW forward.

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again: I sometimes feel a bit sad when I'm done reading one of these big show write ups. I've been enjoying seeing these two huge Memorial Day cards come together, and looking forward to seeing what happens, for a while now.

I guess there's The Parade of Champions to look froward to next. There's always something going on in this world...

After surviving Steve “Dr. Death” Williams & the Barbarian and Abdullah the Butcher & Tiger Jeet Singh I think we can say that The Road Warriors are firmly established as the top dogs in the NWA tag scene.

I also liked Valiant's "turn about is fair play" spot in the Taylor vs Oliver match.

The $10,000 challenge continues to be a highlight of your shows.

I agree with everything SirEd said: Orndorff will be a great champ; Ted Dibiase, Manny Fernandez & Rick Rude are a dangerous trio; and that Bullrope Match was great.

Any of those last four matches could be a headliner anywhere. What a card!

Loved Olympia coming so close to getting Bundy. Valiant's revenge would have had that crowd on their feet. Mark Youngblood could be a really good midcard babyface. I'll agree the last 4 matches were amazing. DiBiase's new allies make him a very difficult guy to get to. Orndorff's road to being champ makes this such a big win for him.

AND NEW!!! Paul Orndorff will make a great Mid-Atlantic Champion.

And what a dangerous trio that will be Ted Dibiase, Manny Fernandez & Rick Rude!

My favorite match was definitely the Bullrope Match. Exactly what I was expected and enjoyed every moment of it!

Mr. Wonderful had such a great AWA Title run, that when I got him, I wanted to carry that momentum and make him a champ. I have a lot planned for him as a top star.

The NWA is on fire and MACW is leading the way with this SuperCard!

I enjoy babyfaces doing the heel thing as Valiant canes Oliver to help Taylor!

KKB continues to moves up the ranks and is a force to be reckon with!

Not sure why Dr. Tom is one of my favorites but I love the roll he is on right now... even if it is with a handful of tights

That 10 second count has so many interpretations.... and it is always what serves the purpose at the moment. Idol should have asked why he didn't get a new 10 when Fuller got back in.

Glad Rocky Johnson and Cooley are having a nice run here. They have finally found a home to get them over the top in this game.

Dibiase with help is unstoppable. He will need to find away to buy the NWA title but if he ever gets it, how will you get it away from him...

Piledriver vs Piledriver as Orndorff beats Race. Great move here as he is a great choice to carry MACW forward.

Glad you caught that countout spot and you're exactly right. I used this specifically for Fuller to get the cheap win and continue the feud. Idol took out his frustrations on Fuller rather than the Ref.

Need Dibiase to bring back the black glove and get rid of the cobra hold.

Still think that Rip Oilver as a rough house style babyface could do wonders here.

I actually contemplated on Dibiase bringing back the black glove but I already had Mulligan doing that gimmick.

I've said it before and I'll probably say it again: I sometimes feel a bit sad when I'm done reading one of these big show write ups. I've been enjoying seeing these two huge Memorial Day cards come together, and looking forward to seeing what happens, for a while now.

I guess there's The Parade of Champions to look froward to next. There's always something going on in this world...

After surviving Steve “Dr. Death” Williams & the Barbarian and Abdullah the Butcher & Tiger Jeet Singh I think we can say that The Road Warriors are firmly established as the top dogs in the NWA tag scene.

I also liked Valiant's "turn about is fair play" spot in the Taylor vs Oliver match.

The $10,000 challenge continues to be a highlight of your shows.

I agree with everything SirEd said: Orndorff will be a great champ; Ted Dibiase, Manny Fernandez & Rick Rude are a dangerous trio; and that Bullrope Match was great.

Any of those last four matches could be a headliner anywhere. What a card!

It's great to book the Road Warriors as dominating monster champs and the Memorial Cards really solidified them as that.

Loved Olympia coming so close to getting Bundy. Valiant's revenge would have had that crowd on their feet. Mark Youngblood could be a really good midcard babyface. I'll agree the last 4 matches were amazing. DiBiase's new allies make him a very difficult guy to get to. Orndorff's road to being champ makes this such a big win for him.

I'm having a lot of fun with the 10,000 dollar angle. Having JJ help with this really adds a layer to it. It's also great having talent from other territories come in for the challenge.

What an amazing show!! Olympia had a great showing but came up short...this challenge is an awesome way to build up Bundy!

Snuka vs. BJM has been a great feud...loved the bullrope match!

Love Orndorff as champion, Harley had a great run with the title which made Mr. Wonderful's win mean even more, so many great potential title matches to come for Orndorff.

I really love Rude and Fernandez alligning with Dibiase...perhaps they may make a trip to Texas soon trying to collect the bounty on Dusty.

What an amazing show!! Olympia had a great showing but came up short...this challenge is an awesome way to build up Bundy!

Snuka vs. BJM has been a great feud...loved the bullrope match!

Love Orndorff as champion, Harley had a great run with the title which made Mr. Wonderful's win mean even more, so many great potential title matches to come for Orndorff.

I really love Rude and Fernandez alligning with Dibiase...perhaps they may make a trip to Texas soon trying to collect the bounty on Dusty.

Anytime you want them to appear in Texas, you got them!