Pro Wrestling Only

Has wrestling gone overboard with the various streaming services?

rzombie1988

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have WWE and ROH (rolled over from the prior club membership, but feeling like I'll keep it at the end of the year). Keep getting tempted by Highspots but want to catch up on a few other things before I dive in over there (and most of their interesting stuff is back catalog).

I just have NJPW World for now, many others look great though but I've never pulled the trigger on signing up for more although I came close with STARDOM but realized my schedule doesn't have time to squeeze it in to really get the full value.

I just don't have enough time to watch all the wrestling available out there especially with all the older content I've been collecting and going through although with all the gems I see people discussing on here it's always tempting haha.

My heart says I've got to see it all! but my wallet says I can't spend the equivalent of a monthly cable subscription on wrestling networks and then sit and watch all of it when I could be out earning money I need to keep a roof over my head. Plus my significant other isn't a fan and they barely put up with my obsession as it is :P

I'm glad for all the younger fans though, they have such a variety of content to watch. If I was 10 years younger I'd have been all over this in a heartbeat with multiple subscriptions and wrestling marathons.

Stardom is really good for just hitting a match or two a night and slowly digesting the shows.

Stardom is honestly the best streaming service out there in terms of being easily navigable and accessible in English. They're even ahead of njpwworld, to be honest, though they obviously have less classic content.

I love Dragon Gate but I almost cried when I saw their new service was so much worse than Stardom's. I probably set my hopes too high but I just don't get it, if Stardom can do it what is stopping others? The DG service is ok, especially in terms of smooth streaming and good video quality, but I guess I'm spoiled now.

They don't have an app yet and I really struggle to get decent quality streaming out of it. I wrote in another thread that I think they managed to have a worse site to navigate than WWNLive does.

Yeah, I get a lot of pixelation on the archive shows.

The only reason to subscribe to ROH right now is to stream the current shows.