NWA CANADIAN INTERNATIONAL TV CHAMPIONSHIP

"Maniac" Matt Borne © vs Jim Brunzell

NWA NATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Jimmy Snuka © vs Winner of Richard Charland vs Art Crews on 6/27

THE DEBUT OF TATSUTOSHI GOTO

Tatsutoshi Goto vs Gino Brito

FINAL APPEARANCE FOR CHRIS BENOIT

NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit vs Gilles "The Fish" Poisson

Ivan Koloff vs NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Prince Alofa Fatu (w/Paul E. Dangerously)

"Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert vs Sunny War Cloud

Hiro Saito vs Brian Adias

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heatstroke is stacked! One thing's for sure, Martel backs down from nobody. Him and Abdullah will be a great main event. MS-1 cashing in against Kernodle will be interesting. The Nightmares trickery continues. Kokina goes nuts and squashes both Madril and OMG! Great segment. Love the Japanese talent coming in. Poisson sends a strong message to Benoit and Lutte as well. I'm all for Fab Ones and SST.

I liked the build-up show a lot. Benoit has a big head of steam going into his last match. I will second SST vs. the Fabs being an awesome match. Why do I think MS-1 has something lined up for Kernodle? Kokina comes off big on this TV. Martel taking on Abby is crazy. Good build for Goto and Saito so far. Loving Creatchman and those dastardly Nightmares. Borne vs. Brunzell is a real great match on paper.

June 22, 1986

Saddledome, Calgary, AB

-Keith Hart beat One Man Gang (w/Floyd Creatchman) in 10:41

-"Nightmare" Ken Wayne (w/Floyd Creatchman) beat Chris Candido in 10:27

-Andre the Giant beat Raymond Rougeau in 9:29. Both men shook hands afterwards

-Armand Rougeau beat Brian Adias in 14:48 after interference from Sunny War Cloud

Mid-Atlantic Showcase: Mark Youngblood beat US Tag Team Champion Rocky Johnson in 13:21

-MS-1 beat Al Madril in 8:23

NWA World Tag Team Championship: The Road Warriors beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champions The Samoan SWAT Team (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 20:07 when Animal pinned Prince Alofa Fatu after a Doomsday Device to retain

Keith going over in Alberta is a great choice.  Andre has been a good addition to your TV of late.  Brian Adias and Sunny War Cloud have a nice undercard feud going.  Mid-Atlantic showcase would have been a fun babyface match.  MS-1 is on a roll of late.  Let's hope Satanico doesn't catch up with him.  Big main that would have had the Saddledome rocking.

Great way to start the show as Keith Hart gets a huge win over OMG. The Nightmares continue to impress in singles action. Andre is having a nice run here and has beaten a lot of top faces. I've always liked low/mid card feuds, so I've really enjoyed the Adias/Sunny feud. Mark Youngblood keeps his winning ways going. He's having a good run here and in MACW. Like Dawho mentioned, MS-1 has been on quite the roll lately. Great hard hitting main event that sends the fans home happy. 

Great mix of talent here.  Was surprised to OMG go down here but that it mainly because I know so little of Keith Hart.  I must study up on my Canadian wrestling.

Liked the RW -Samoan Swat Tag match as that is a perfect fit for the WOrld Champs... some big dudes who like to mix it up with the title on the line would have the crowd really into this main event.

Heatstroke is going to be a great show, a really strong card!

Wow, HUGE win for Keith Hart over OMG! Should create some great momentum for him.

Brian Adias has really made a splash in the mid card here in Lutte, he may wanna relocate from Texas!

Great main event, as mentioned the SST are perfect opponents for the Warriors...the fans had to feel they had a great chance at seeing a title change here.

June 27th, 1986

Rivière-du-Loup, QC

NWA Canadian International Tag Team Championship: The Samoan SWAT Team (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Sunny War Cloud & Al Madril in 23:56 to retain when Kokina pinned Madril

-Los Infernales beat The Killer Bees in 13:41 when MS-1 pinned Jim Brunzell

2 out of 3 Falls, Winner faces Jimmy Snuka tomorrow night for the National Heavyweight title: Richard "Le Magnifique" Charland (w/Frenchy Martin) beat Art Crews (w/Rock Riddle) in 2 straight falls in 7:37

-Andre the Giant beat Jacques Rougeau in 16:04

-Bruce Hart beat Harley Race in 9:22 with the Sharpshooter

-Gino Brito beat the debuting Hiro Saito in 8:16

Champion vs Champion: NWA Canadian International TV Champion Matt Borne beat NWA Canadian International Heavyweight Champion Don Kernodle in 56:21. No titles were on the line in this match.

I really liked this card. Los Infernales have been looking good and continue to do so with a win over the Killer Bees. Charland defeats Crews in 2 straight falls. Looks like he's ready for Snuka. Andre continues his great run with a huge win over top face Jacques. Bruce with an impressive win over Race, even more impressive by winning with the sharpshooter. Brito spoils the debut of Saito. Awesome main event as the champions go head to head for almost an hour. Borne is really becoming a top name in Lutte. It's been an incredible build to Heatstroke. 

HEATSTROKE '86: St-Jean Baptiste Massacre

June 28th, 1986

St-Wenceslas, QC

Before the show starts, it's announced that Richard Charland was attacked in the back by mystery assailants and won't be cleared to challenge Jimmy Snuka for the National Heavyweight Championship tonight. Therefore, Rock Riddle has offered for Art Crews, who lost to Charland last night, to take Charland's place and Bruno Sammartino has accepted. Art Crews will wrestle Jimmy Snuka later tonight.

-Ivan Koloff (w/Abdullah the Butcher) beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Prince Alofa Fatu (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 11:19. Paul E. was tempted to interfere but Abdullah kept him at bay!

-Brian Adias beat Hiro Saito in 16:45, despite a distraction from Sunny War Cloud

-In his North American debut match, Tatsutoshi Goto beat Gino Brito in 10:47 with the Backdrop Suplex

-Gilles "The Fish" Poisson beat NWA World Light Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit in 13:31 in Benoit's final match with Lutte. Postmatch, Poisson shook hands with Benoit and let him have his final moment in Lutte.

-"Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert beat Sunny War Cloud in 15:22 with an assisted Hot Shot from Brian Adias, who returned the favor to Sunny from earlier in the night

NWA Canadian International TV Championship: "Maniac" Matt Borne beat Jumpin Jim Brunzell (w/Brian Blair) in 8:57. At one point, outside, Matt Borne grabbed a chair and knocked it on his own forehead to bust himself open before throwing it at Blair's feet. The referee saw Brian Blair grabbing the smoking gun aka the chair and threw him out, despite Blair having done nothing wrong. During the confusion, Borne grabbed a lead pipe from outside the ring and knocked Brunzell out cold to secure the win.

NWA National Heavyweight Championship: In a stunning upset, Art Crews (w/Rock Riddle) beat "Superfly" Jimmy Snuka in 8:44 when Rock Riddle tripped Snuka from the middle turnbuckle and holding his leg when Crews fell over Snuka to score the victory. - TITLE CHANGE!!!

WWC Universal Championship: Abdullah the Butcher (w/Ivan Koloff) beat Rick Martel in 7:33 after Abdullah hit Martel with a splash. After the match, Abdullah and Ivan Koloff intended on accomplishing Nikita Koloff's goal of taking Martel out and Koloff choked Martel with his chain while Abdullah hit Martel with multiple splashes. Finally, the Rougeau Brothers ran in to clean house. All hell broke loose and the Rougeaus busted both Koloff & Abdullah open using Koloff's chain. The show ended with paramedics and the Rougeaus tending to Rick Martel as he was stretchered out of the building.

Heatstroke lived up to all the hype. Huge upset as Art Crews defeats Snuka for the National Title!!! Man that is going to send shockwaves throughout the NWA. I know Rock Riddle and the Agency are celebrating tonight. The Adias/Sunny feud continues to heat up. Brito spoils a debut last night but different story tonight as Goto wins his debut. Borne's craziness works out well for him tonight. Crazy ending as Abdullah and Ivan do a number on Martel. The Rougeaus make a dramatic save but it's obvious serious damage has been done to Martel. 

June 29th, 1986

Saddledome, Calgary, AB

-Satanico beat Brian Adias in 25:07

-Harley Race beat Tatsutoshi Goto in 15:34

-"Hotstuff" Eddie Gilbert beat Armand Rougeau in 9:52 with the Hot Shot

-Andre the Giant beat NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion The Great Samu (w/Paul E. Dangerously) in 10:30

-Tommy Lane beat Sunny War Cloud in 13:40 after interference from both Brian Adias & Mike Davis

-NWA Canadian International Tag Team Champion Kokina Maximus (w/Paul E. Dangerously) beat Jimmy Snuka in 8:18

-Jacques Rougeau beat Austin Idol in 32:43 with a sunset flip

Infernales are rocking of late.  I love seeing Charland get a big push.  Bruce bouncing back with a win is nice to see as well.  Main event would have been a fun match.  Borne is one of those guys I really enjoy watching but haven't seen enough of.

I wonder who attacked Charland. :)  Abdullah would keep most anyone at bay!  Probably a good choice by Paul E.  Goto's debut was far more successful than Saito's first 2 matches.  Poisson with a big win over the departing Benoit.  Adias and Sunny are going to have to settle their differences at some point.  Love the way Borne got his win.  Art Crews with a big, BIG win for the Agency.  What can this mean for his tag team affiliations?  Martel has taken a beating the last few months.  How long can he hold up?  Great card for Heatstroke that sets up a lot of things.

Satanico for 25 minutes against anyone works.  He is such an amazing wrestler.  Harley is on a tear when he's not up against Orndorff.  Andre has been dominant in Lutte, as he ought to be.  Kokina over Snuka would have been a sleeper of a good match.  Jacques seems to be a focal point of late and he should be.

Harley bounces back with a strong win over Goto. Hot Stuff is doing very well both in the UWF and over here in Lutte. He's really becoming a top name in the NWA. Andre has been on a roll here. I'm sure the fans are enjoying his nice run. I really like the tension building between Adias and Sunny. It's going to be a big deal when they finally meet one on one. Poor Jimmy Snuka, he loses the National title in a shocking upset, then has to face Kokina. Not a good week for him. Jacques gets a main event win over Idol. I wouldn't mind seeing Jacques get a shot at Nikita in front of a Lutte crowd.