Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1996-02-05-All Star Promotions] Sato & Mens Teoh & Shiryu vs Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask IV & Hanzo Nakajima

Much slower-paced and mat-based than your typical Michinoku Pro match during this time, which on its own isn't necessarily bad, but just make sure your expectations are set coming in. It's not at all a hidden classic, and is really just an okay match at best. I'm also thinking the match listings I've always seen for this show may be off, because Sabu isn't in this match. Way better Michinoku Pro to come.

Much slower-paced and mat-based than your typical Michinoku Pro match during this time, which on its own isn't necessarily bad, but just make sure your expectations are set coming in. It's not at all a hidden classic, and is really just an okay match at best. I'm also thinking the match listings I've always seen for this show may be off, because Sabu isn't in this match. Way better Michinoku Pro to come.

Every match list I've seen for this over the last 10 years has said Sabu but it's actually Dick Togo working as SATO in the match.

I can somewhat understand making that mistake on paper, but who on earth could watch the match and do it? If you know who Sabu is, you know that ain't him.

Tiger Mask's phantom bump for Shiryu's clotheline is one of the funniest thing I have seen in a pro wrestling match in quite some time. It's also funny see all the English senior citizens in a crowd for a M-Pro match.

Am I hearing things or did the crowd start chanting "wanker" at Tiger Mask? That's pretty funny. Best thing about the match was Teioh doing his Terry Funk tribute spots. And Shiryu almost killing some poor old woman diving into the crowd.

No Sabu here. Yes, Teoh doing Terry Funk was the highlight. Tiger Mask and Shiryu totally missing on the clothesline was funny. That wasn’t even close.

Smarky crowd over in England, as they do the "SAS-KAY! *clap* *clap* *clap*" chant right from the start. Not a bad little match at all--the tiny ring probably makes the more elaborate spots impractical, but they make do with what they have. Actually this serves as more evidence that the Michinoku Pro guys were far more than spot monkeys--they had strong commands of the basics: mat wrestling, heel/face work, how to build a match, comedy, etc.

Parv, what do you have to say for your countryman here as they exhibited every crowd reaction you detest. Good match but again really a showcase. Sato continues to shine in these roles. ***

Cool to see some 90s British smarks. Definitely on the lower end of MPro tags, I don't know if I'd even call it good if not for the dives.