Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1996-06-02-AAA] Rey Misterio Jr & Perro Aguayo vs La Parka & Ultimo Dragon vs Cibernetico & Pierroth Jr vs Heavy Metal & Psicosis

The guys involved in the tag from the previous night do a lot of the same spots. The other guys in this match do some fun stuff too, namely La Parka, but I didn't enjoy it nearly as much. Still a fun match though.

This was pretty fun, if a bit samey at times compared to matches past and the Peace Festival bout. Rey and Pierroth do some fun Hogan-Zeus type spots, but it doesn't lead to any kind of payoff, which was disappointing. This comes down to Psicosis vs. Rey, as we'd expect, and since this isn't a Rey showcase in front of an unfamiliar audience, they get to work a more traditional technico-rudo bout with Rey getting beaten down and making a comeback, rather than Rey cycling through a bunch of his flying spots. I sure am sick of that finish, though. I don't want to continuously bitch about it, but they keep doing it.

This kept going and going and really drug things to a halt so far. Multiman action that feels like guys just running through sequences and arm drags doesn't play well for me in general and especially not in this environment where I am watching so much and bouncing around years that now Im struggling to remember specifics from a match I watched two days ago. Nothing offensive but nothing that sticks out either. Everything was just there. **1/2

Decent match, a bit long and not nearly as tight as the last tag. La Parka was a fun addition though, and Psi/Rey's segment at the end was definitely more than just a replay of their usual routine, they did some great work to finish up.