Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1996-12-11-FMW-Year End Sensation] Megumi Kudo vs Shinobu Kandori

Good match though not as great as it looks on paper.

Enjoyed all their matches together but the Street Fight in LLPW is the only one that really lived up to the potential.

This and the last FMW match display one of the two things I hate most about Japanese announcing: announcing completely lifeless as if they are talking about a Golf tournament or so (the other thing being teenage bimbos giggling into the microphone).

This and the last FMW match display one of the two things I hate most about Japanese announcing: announcing completely lifeless as if they are talking about a Golf tournament or so (the other thing being teenage bimbos giggling into the microphone).

This is because Toshiba EMI would get the wrestlers to announce the match afterwards. So one of the announcers for this match was Kudo, so they don't pretend that it's being done live and instead it's more of a "talk about the match" instead of "call the match".

This would've been a lot better in LLPW rather than FMW. Or in Tokyo, as the crowd were as dead as the proverbial donut. The bout was straight up wrestling, which didn't play to their strengths. Both women in singles benefitted from a hardcore element. The work was solid enough fare with Kandori aiming towards procuring an arm submission or sleeper. I'd have liked to see more of an underdog dynamic established by a beatdown phase.

I'm the high vote on this, it seems. It's not a blowaway great match and the ending isn't much, but I find Kandori compelling in just about any setting, just because she's so unique.

This was a struggle for me and that is disappointing as when I saw who was wrestling based on the entrances, I was really excited. The Kandori matwork at the beginning was fine but it just felt like the match never really evolved beyond that and it had a weird flow throughout. **3/4