Pro Wrestling Only

Wrestlemania XXVII

Loss

God I hope it isn't HHH v. Taker.

Small price to pay if it's the end of his wrestling career.

I always thought I would be excited for this day too, but he can do a lot more damage running the company than he can as a wrestler. I'm really scared of Vince retiring with this succession plan in place. But I don't know what Vince could possibly do with his free time if he retires, seems like he would go nuts.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought I would be excited for this day too, but he can do a lot more damage running the company than he can as a wrestler. I'm really scared of Vince retiring with this succession plan in place. But I don't know what Vince could possibly do with his free time if he retires, seems like he would go nuts.

Except apparently HHH is the guy behind the pushes for ADR, Ziggler, Miz, Barrett, etc...go figure, right?

They do a Money in the Bank PPV, a Hell in a Cell PPV and an Elimination Chamber PPV?

Yes and a Tables, Ladders & Chairs Pay-Per-View. I'm not really sure what they were trying to accomplish. They got rid of King of the Ring, they got rid of Survivor Series (or wanted to) but they keep making gimmick shows, so I'm not sure what the point is.

Way to make these gimmick matches not special at all.

But Vince is already nuts! ;) I honestly don't know whether Vince's negatives outweigh his positives at this point and him having less input wouldn't be a bad thing. Apparently the few TV tapings Hunter has run were a much less stressful environment to work in. He certainly has more appreciation of the history of the business than the alternatives who could have come to power. I think it's also a good sign that he's willing to step aside from his wrestling career, unlike so many other bookers/owners who clung on for far too long.

WWE Hall of Fame announcer Jerry Lawler's mother, Hazel Lawler, died on Sunday evening. She had suffered from Alzheimer's disease for the past six years and her condition began to rapidly decline over the past month.

Funeral arrangements will be made today for a ceremony scheduled for Wednesday at Family Funeral Care in Memphis located at 4923 Summer Avenue.

Lawler is scheduled to be in Anaheim, Calif. on Monday for the live Raw TV taping leading to Sunday's Elimination Chamber PPV. Lawler will be challenging WWE champion The Miz for the WWE Title at the PPV.

Poor Jerry :(

Except apparently HHH is the guy behind the pushes for ADR, Ziggler, Miz, Barrett, etc...go figure, right?

Where is this info from? That's the first I've heard of it.

Alberto was pushed because they need a new star for the Hispanic audience since they don't think Rey (or his knees) are too long for the WWE Universe.

Also, he's pushed because Rey is difficult to work with (complaining about pay, refusing to do jobs, wanting more time off) and they want to replace him as the top Hispanic star with someone who'll be easier for them to handle.

Guest kowking

Oh wow, Rock-Cena for WM? I think this show just got saved.

I wasn't sure that's what he was saying -- he made that remark about how he'll see Cena -- and then sort of backpedaled and said, "just like I'll see everyone else"

Though who knows.

Certainly teasing Cena-Rock and not delivering would be a bunch of crap, but I don't see it happening. Dave made a comment on Saturday's Observer Radio that Michael Cole's match would be the most important on the show --which seemed ridiculous to me because how could Lawler vs Cole be a main event-- but if he means Rock vs Cole, then I understand. Sort of.

When he said that The Rock is back and not leaving, I marked out, I won't lie. In one promo, he managed to shit all over Cole and the terrible G.M. angle plus make Cena & Miz look like jokes. You can't teach that shit.

The fake out with the female legs was awesome.

In one promo, he managed to shit all over Cole and the terrible G.M. angle plus make Cena & Miz look like jokes. You can't teach that shit.

Not that I didn't love The Rock and everything tonight, but...are we sure this is a good thing? Cena and Miz are going to be the guys left to carry the ball after The Rock leaves again at Wrestlemania. If they look like jokes, that makes WWE post-Wrestlemania a joke, too.

Guest Steve T

When he said that The Rock is back and not leaving, I marked out, I won't lie. In one promo, he managed to shit all over Cole and the terrible G.M. angle plus make Cena & Miz look like jokes. You can't teach that shit.

I didn't see the show and haven't watch regularly in several years but why would you want to 'teach that shit'? Especially the part about Cena, who unless I am misinformed, is the biggest star in the company. If the Rock is willing to wrestle the Rock putting over Cena at Wrestlemania could be huge if done correctly. Even if the Rock isn't willing to wrestle he could still be used to elevate Cena by coming in and cutting a promo about 'how all he hears about in wrestling anymore is John Cena' or 'how he has noticed Cena dominating the WWE', etc. (and I am sure Rock or someone in the company could come up with much better stuff than those examples.) But coming in and shitting all over the angles and the WWE's biggest star and then leaving in two months is incredibly short sighted, IMO.