Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1993-12-11-USWA-TV] PG-13 & Midget D vs Jerry Lawler & Brian Christopher & Little Eagle

This is actually a 6-man that also features Midget D and Little Eagle. The match quickly ends when the Gilberts run in and attack Lawler and Christopher. Pretty good action in the post-match, but it seems to cut off prematurely (due to Memphis TV, not this yearbook).

1993 was the return of the midgets to American wrestling. Midget D gets launches by Lawler and Christopher from the ring to the outside. Chaos after with Gilberts getting involved. Somebody was chasing Toni Adams around.

Little Eagle, with a mullet almost as tall as he is, is possibly the scuzziest-looking midget wrestler I've ever seen. This must be a pretty pro-heel studio crowd--they sing along rather loudly to PG-13's entrance. Lawler and Christopher heave Midget D over the top rope onto PG-13 on the floor in a pretty crazy-ass bump, but leave themselves open for a Gilberts attack.

There isn't much to see here other than the Lawlers teaming for the first time that I can remember and Midget D being pitched over the top rope. The Gilberts interfered before too much else could happen. I can't wait to hear how they got hooked up with Toni Adams, of all people.

If there's one reason above all the others why I'll be glad to get through this Yearbook, it's that Lance is coming home to Memphis sometime in '94 and we'll hear less of Corey. Even in small doses, that man is excruciating to listen to.

I just watched this today for the first time in years. "Bertha" (Bert Prentice in drag, brought in to be in the Lawlers' corner) chasing Toni Adams around the ring is rather humorous. Especially if you dont know the context of it.

NOt much of a match at all but I did enjoy Christopher and Lawler throwing Midget D onto PG-13 on the outside. The brawl looked good at the end but was abrupt.