Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1992-03-07-SMW-TV] Rip Rogers and Tim Horner

Horner tries to do a promo, but keeps getting interrupted by Rip Rogers telling him to shut up and focus on him doing his squats! Horner offers him $500 saying he can't do squats the whole hour.

I have to wonder how much Rip's leg muscles were aching after this taping. Way back when I first started Judo I felt like I could barely walk. I got a kick out of Rip interrupting the promo (doing everyone a favor actually).

Tim Horner is out for an interview and is almost immediately interrupted by Rogers. Rogers say that it's his interview time, that he's doing free squats for an hour and no-one wants to hear from a hillbilly like Horner. Horner then bets him $500 that he can't do the squats for the full hour.

After seeing him cut a promo on the second episode, I hope that this becomes a running theme in that they find ways to avoid Horner having to cut any more in the future. I know people say Brian Lee is bad, but he's a hundred times better than Horner who really is a charisma vacuum.

Nice way to add a little juice to the squats angle.

Horner was one of those guys Corny pushed specifically because he wasn't going anywhere; he was an East Tennessee boy and content to stay there, having already washed out in the Big Two. I'm sure Corny knew that he wasn't the best talker or most charismatic worker in the world, but with a heel like Rogers to play off of, he'd be passable at least. Only time will tell if that's true or not.

I was also relieved that Rip was making sure Horner couldn't cut his promo.  This SMW taping has been really good for angles.