Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1992-05-23-USWA-TV] Interview: Eddie Gilbert

Gilbert is outstanding. I like him with the Ric Flair look (since even Ric Flair doesn't have the Ric Flair look in 1992) doing great heel promos.

This is how to book an outside champion as an outsider, Vince. Gilbert comes across as above everything else going on in the USWA. Also, I approve of more Gilbert/Jarrett matches.

I don't know. Eddie was almost too much of an outsider here; if he hadn't thrown in a reference to Jeff's basketball career, I would think he'd never been in Memphis before, and considering all he's done there and all the blood he's spilled, that's just wrong. I like the suit and tie look, but I'd prefer just a little more emotional engagement, even if he is supposedly an outsider from Dallas these days.

I notice that we didn't get any clips of the unification match, and Eddie acted like it hadn't even happened yet, talking about wanting a shot at Lawler if he gets by Jeff. Does anybody know what happened? Did Eddie pull a no-show? Did they scrap the unification match once everyone got to the MSC? If so, was it because Global threatened the USWA somehow? This whole mess is getting weird.