Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1992-06-13-SMW-TV] Interview: Jim Cornette & Heavenly Bodies

I wish I could focus on something other than Stan Lane's toupee, but I just can't, despite this being a strong heel promo where all three get to talk.

His hair is hard to not look at. Beginning of the promo the camera was not showing the top of their heads so I thought they were trying to hide it. But then when Lane does his promo we get to see his wonderful hair.

Great promo from Cornette, Lane, and Prichard, basically saying that the Fultons girlfriends are begging them not to hurt them anymore, and also that their girlfriends are uggos.

Cornette says that all the women are drooling and they're liable to be electrocuted because they've been starved of real men for so long. Stanfield says that he and Prichard have made calls to Sprint and AT & T and had their telephone numbers changed because the Fantastics girlfriends are calling them night and day begging them. He knows that Jackie is a cripple, Bobby is impotent and that they haven't seen real men in a long time, but he implores them to stop ringing them, to call the 1-900 numbers instead and to leave the Heavenly Bodies alone. Tom says it wouldn't be so bad of the Fantasticss had a couple of good looking girls, but they remind him of all the disgusting, stinking, sweat hog pigs he sees here in the audience tonight.

I burst out laughing when Lane came out with the 'Bobby is impotent' line and he still comes over as though he is having to lower himself by wrestling in front of the SMW hillbillies. Another good, funny promo.

The Bodies may not be the in-ring team that the MX were, but they have them beat on promos by a million miles. I don't know where Corny got the idea to let Stan and Dr. Tom pull their own weight on promos, but it was a stroke of genius. It allows the fans to hate all three Bodies equally (especially Stan with his horrid toupee) instead of just Corny. Stan even gets the best line when he tells the women in the audience to call the 1-900 numbers instead of himself and Dr. Tom. A great all-around promo, maybe the best the Bodies have delivered to date.

I'm guessing the Riches Corny referenced were Johnny and Davey. Did he ever try to convince Tommy to come to SMW? Even at this late date in his career, Tommy could have been an asset either as a face or a heel.