Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1992-06-27-USWA-TV] Music Video: Brian Christopher

This was when Brian really got great. The best thing about this is it's a real homeless guy they picked up and gave about $200. The next week, his mother called up and demanded they not show the video again because they are exploiting him. Brian even mentioned this on tv.

Wow, can't believe he was a real homeless guy. He played the part too well. Christopher was really good here being incredible difficult to the guy he hired including making him clean the pool with a tooth brush. Video also shows clips of him wrestling.

Christopher picks up a homeless guy (I can't believe that was a shoot) to do household chores for food, mixed with clips of him in the ring. He's eating a big meal and gives the homeless guy spam. That is how you do heel.

That was a SHOOT HOMELESS GUY? Somehow, with this being Jerry Jarrett and Memphis, I find that fact to be wholly unbelievable and making complete perfect sense, at the same time. The video was great.

Brian's a louder, slightly more crass version of his dad, and that's a good thing. I could imagine Jerry Lawler circa 1971 doing the bit with the homeless man if they'd thought of it. It took plenty of guts to push the son of the biggest babyface Memphis wrestling had ever had as a heel, yet Brian's made it work spectacularly so far. The best part is, he's not getting positive reactions whatever he does like his old man would. There's something inherent in the way he does his thing that makes it impossible for anyone to like him, even if they know he's the King's son. Even Dave wants to smack him right in the snoot.

It's amazing that Brian hasn't called the old man out yet, even in passing. I wonder how Jerry felt about possibly wrestling Brian with Kevin as the referee. I know he and Brian wrestled each other eventually, but did Kevin ever ref one of their matches?

Christopher is downright hateable here.  I guess the upshot of him being a dick to eh homeless guy is that he is negating the whole reason for hiring somebody to do that stuff.  He is still spending the same amount of time on cleaning as he would otherwise by being such a micromanager. :)