Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1992-07-04-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Sting

MAKE THE OMNI HYPE STOP. MAKE IT STOP. Was Bischoff the one who finally killed that? That might be the best thing he ever did, at least pre-Nitro.

The Omni hype was a financial imperative, since TBS was also the local Atlanta affiliate for WCW in addition to being the national cable outlet. There was no such thing as a separate local feed at the time, so the national audience just had to lump it.

If I have a problem with something about the Arn match, it's the fact that it's non-title. After all that hype on TV, a non-title match is the best they can do? They could have given literally anyone, right down to Tommy Angel, a non-title match. If Arn ever got a crack at the World title, it had to be during Ronnie Garvin's reign back in '87, and I'm not even sure about that. What a damn shame.

As for Sting's promo, why would it not talk people into the building? What's your definition of a promo that talks people into the building, Shoe? And the live gate wasn't the important thing anyway, the buyrate was. They may have wanted a sellout crowd, but that could live without one if the buyrate turned out to be high enough. Regardless, I thought Sting was just fine here.

When was Vader's first bout with Sting? JR calls this a rematch.

I am loving Sting in this run as champ.  He's energetic and fired up!  And he seems pretty good at talking in character too.  Tell me again why he couldn't cut it as champ?