Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1992-10-10-WCW-Saturday Night] Contract Signing: Sting vs Jake Roberts

I admit the build t Havoc is infact quite good. Really cool promos, and the fact they didn't jump each other makes it better.

Simple but effective segment. Roberts and Sting sign a contract to face each other but also contains a waiver to not hold WCW responsible for what could happen. What is a "Paradise of Darkness" match?

Sting is not 2013 Sting on the mic, but classic Jake is still classic. Such an awesome heel. Loss hit this one on the head -- you were waiting for a silly angle to happen, but they kept it simple and let them work it on the mic. Then again, they also did that video in the bar with Mad USA & the midgets.

It's a pity that such good mic work as this was wasted on such a dud of a match. This really felt like Armageddon coming down, but of course it turned out to be so much less.

Interesting that Spinner's Choice was supposedly Jake's idea. My guess if they'd actually booked it? Loser gets covered by a snake.

If Turner was worried about blood but still wanted to book a stip match, they should have gone with Prince of Darkness (blindfold). As Jake can attest from having done one of these at Mania VII, it's an almost purely psychological match based mostly on audience participation. There's barely any physical contact, let alone blood.

I was wondering what a Prince of Darkness match was!  Thank you sir. :)

For as goofy as the kickoff to spin the wheel was I like the job they have done with it since.  Of course having two pros like Sting and Jake involved helps.