Pro Wrestling Only

1999 Recommendations

Loss

Reading through this thread and saw no AAA mentioned. I haven't seen much of AAA at that time but the LLL formation probably should be included. That's from October 1999 when Cibernetico's contract with AAA was void and he made his own promotion/group LLL with Los Vipers. If you have any space, the final Perro Aguayo Sr. match could be included from Verano de Escandalo. I remember that being a big deal at the time. Also any of the Xochitl Hamada vs Pentagon feud or Felino's short AAA run.

Another match that could be included is: Dick Togo/Satanico/Pirata Morgan/ Pierroth Jr vs Ricky Marvin/Ultimo Guerrero/Super Parka/Negro Casas from 11/25 CMLL Japan. Phil recently covered it at Segunda Caida and it's a fun as hell match like those UWF matches Hamada ran in the early 90's.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd add this for BattARTS stuff

Daisuke Ikeda vs. Mohammed Yone, BattlARTS 8/29

Daisuke Ikeda/Takeshi Ono v. Masao Orihara/Mohammed Yone BattlArts 6/25

I'd say BattlARTS was pretty great in 1999, Daisuke Ikeda may have been the wrestler of the year.

• 2 weeks later...

Will reached out to me for joshi footage already. I also have Toryumon & Battlarts stuff that I got from Dean from his Japan sources if you need any of that.

I don't see much mention of Memphis Power Pro. I have the following & not sure how much of it I sent to Will already:

DVD 489-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 1/9; 1/30/99
DVD 490-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 2/6—2/13/99
DVD 491-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 2/20—2/27/99
DVD 284-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 3/20 & 3/27/99
DVD 285-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 4/3 & 4/10/99
DVD 286-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 4/17 & 4/24/99
TAPE 569-MPPW TV from 12/25/99--this show I sent in the last batch & has a good Cornette angle

Documenting indy stuff:

I have the following but you didn't ask for it, I assume you have it already? I'm at work so can't see what I sent already.

--Mike Modest vs Christopher Daniels (APW 01/15/99)

--Hardy Boyz vs Serial Thrillaz (OMEGA 01/29/99)

--ECWA Super 8 2/27/99

--Christopher Daniels vs Jeff Peterson (ECWA 04/99)

--Erin O'Grady vs Boyce LeGrande vs Donovan Morgan (APW 05/22/99)

--Lance Diamond vs Cheetah Master (ECWA 09/17/99)

--Reckless Youth vs Jeff Peterson (ECWA 09/17/99)

--Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy vs Christian York vs Joey Matthews (MCW 03/20/99)--this you asked for but I should have sent it when I sent the Joey stuff before

Stuff I have that I didn't see mentioned in the thread that might be considered:

--1/23/99 IPWA Joey vs. Julio vs. York--again you should have this already in Joey stuff

--8/21/99 FWA Quack vs. Reckless --this will be on a disc with Best of SMV that has another match you requested

Not sure if this show is of interest, I haven't watched in forever so not sure what might be worth considering, this will also be a VHS convert:

PCW raw footage from 4/16/99 in Hamburg, PA--9 matches incl. Daniels vs. Peterson/Osbourne vs. Krueger/Wylde vs. El Fuego/Flash F. vs. Joe E. Legend/L. Diamond & C. Daniels vs. Osbourne & Flash

If my understanding is correct, most if not all of the big 3 American promotion stuff is already ready to go. But if not, I would argue for:

- The cage match from ECW Cyberslam 99 with the Dudleys (simply for the curiosity of a War Games match in ECW)

- Sid's few ECW appearances (at least his debut against Kronus at Guilty as Charged) for sheer bizarreness

-The Kat's "kittens" at WWF Armageddon 99...proving how far the Attitude Era had gone off the deep end when Vince finally allowed full blown topless nudity after teasing it since the previous year with Sable and Jackie at Fully Loaded

Will reached out to me for joshi footage already. I also have Toryumon & Battlarts stuff that I got from Dean from his Japan sources if you need any of that.

I don't see much mention of Memphis Power Pro. I have the following & not sure how much of it I sent to Will already:

DVD 489-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 1/9; 1/30/99

DVD 490-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 2/6—2/13/99

DVD 491-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 2/20—2/27/99

DVD 284-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 3/20 & 3/27/99

DVD 285-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 4/3 & 4/10/99

DVD 286-MEMPHIS POWER PRO TV 4/17 & 4/24/99

TAPE 569-MPPW TV from 12/25/99--this show I sent in the last batch & has a good Cornette angle

Documenting indy stuff:

I have the following but you didn't ask for it, I assume you have it already? I'm at work so can't see what I sent already.

--Mike Modest vs Christopher Daniels (APW 01/15/99)

--Hardy Boyz vs Serial Thrillaz (OMEGA 01/29/99)

--ECWA Super 8 2/27/99

--Christopher Daniels vs Jeff Peterson (ECWA 04/99)

--Erin O'Grady vs Boyce LeGrande vs Donovan Morgan (APW 05/22/99)

--Lance Diamond vs Cheetah Master (ECWA 09/17/99)

--Reckless Youth vs Jeff Peterson (ECWA 09/17/99)

--Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy vs Christian York vs Joey Matthews (MCW 03/20/99)--this you asked for but I should have sent it when I sent the Joey stuff before

Stuff I have that I didn't see mentioned in the thread that might be considered:

--1/23/99 IPWA Joey vs. Julio vs. York--again you should have this already in Joey stuff

--8/21/99 FWA Quack vs. Reckless --this will be on a disc with Best of SMV that has another match you requested

Not sure if this show is of interest, I haven't watched in forever so not sure what might be worth considering, this will also be a VHS convert:

PCW raw footage from 4/16/99 in Hamburg, PA--9 matches incl. Daniels vs. Peterson/Osbourne vs. Krueger/Wylde vs. El Fuego/Flash F. vs. Joe E. Legend/L. Diamond & C. Daniels vs. Osbourne & Flash

Tim, I have all of those Indy shows from you and Memphis Power Pro. I like the Quack vs. Reckless match up so I will add that to my list already.

• 3 weeks later...

I finished going through my 1999 DVDs and man... slim pickings in terms of hidden gems. Hope it's not too late.

Burning vs Hansen/Taue 11/30 (TWTL round-robin) should go in. Decent enough lead-in to the final, feel-good finish, and it goes just the right length.

Kosaka vs Yamamoto, RINGS 5/22, should also get in as quality shoot-style. *Possibly* Han vs Naruse from that show if you think there isn't enough RINGS content.