Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair (sigh)

Flair is his peak was the best in the world 1980-1994 based on consistency alone if not match quilty he was put with alot of shit workers sting luger Nikita and dusty and pulled ok matches from them but the last almost decade and 1/5 of his active time knocks him down im sorry hos match wiih HBK was passable at best based on age alone alot of people aged better than Ric Fujiwara for exmaple there about the same age and Aoki vs Fujiwara was my match of the year last year and hes nigh on 70 so yes thta shows in my euys Ric sdaly never aged well in ring wise

Sure, but Fujiwara and rarely if anyone worked the schedule Ric worked, so that's not really a fair comparison...

then again how many of flair macnes in his prime were jobber squashes on tv while in his prime I don't think Fujiwara on tape that was under 10 minus so take one give one IMO

and also carry jobs Fujiwara has none so that keep is av match ratings up around 4 stars of falir based on what i have seen of ric yes i said he was contstsaty but that is never dropping below a three star match minus the sting luger and Nakita match withc were carry jobs witch i od not rate highly for reasons mention previously

iv seen all of Fujiwara UWF tha is on tape and that was solid **** -****3/4 and few fives why cause based o what have seen all matches looed like they were between equals best vs best to me in ring presentation over the booking that matters more in this and sting luger dusty Nakita over all were never on ric level on that 20 x 20 so ivmy eyes they should never have been in the ring with him

before you say sting and luger were green while that may be true yes need i bring up ages of ajw top carder in the 1980's your either worthy of the main event or your not is all I'm saying and sing and luger never were imho ready for that main event based on how i judge workers all these debates go its depends how x or y person judges or x or y worker and what system they themselves use

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

What's the general opinion on his account of lightning deflecting off of his umbrella and killing the guy standing next to him? I watched the promo from 2005 when he mentioned this, Googled it and found this more recent account of the event, which he said happened in the 70's, whereas in the promo he specifically said 1981. It's completely trivial but I don't think I've ever heard this tid-bit of his life discussed online.

• 1 year later...

No idea what to make of this. Seems very strange to contradict a report from a family member (Conrad).

Heart procedures can be scheduled and planned though. 

So, it could be what Conrad said, while also being serious - as heart issues are.

I personally find this TMZ style of reporting to be rather distasteful. 

2 hours ago, El-P said:

Yep. "Hey, a member of his family told you it's not serious but it's a LIE !!! They are LYING !!!!"

Da fuck ?

No one is saying anyone is lying. What Conrad is doing is pretty understandable especially after the reporting shitshow during Ric Flair's first major health scare. 

I get it you guys dislike Satin and TMZ but Conrad was still downplaying things. 

12 minutes ago, PeteF3 said:

Meltzer said he couldn't confirm either way what Flair's condition was, and when someone on The Board called the TMZ story "carny," he said he wouldn't classify it that way. So...yeah. I'm not sure Conrad's to be 100% believed either.

I mean anything heart related, even planned, is serious. I'm not even saying Conrad is being honest, just that Satin is a lying piece of shit and shouldn't be believed on anything. 

Well, we all know Rovert is the most reliable source because he has a lot of Twitter followers and is friends with a lot of wrestlers and wrestlers have even been to his house...but then again Conrad also has a lot of Twitter followers and he knows even more wrestlers who have also been to his house, so I don't know who to believe and the world is just so confusing to me right now.

31 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

Well, we all know Rovert is the most reliable source because he has a lot of Twitter followers and is friends with a lot of wrestlers and wrestlers have even been to his house...

Awww no, not this again...

31 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

but then again Conrad also has a lot of Twitter followers and he knows even more wrestlers who have also been to his house, so I don't know who to believe and the world is just so confusing to me right now.

Ah ah ah. Got me. Nicely done. :lol: (although you could have mentioned he also owns a bunch of belts and robes)

But yeah, anything heart related, especially at this age for a guy who lived as hard as Flair did, can't be "not serious". Hopefully better news are incoming.

5 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

I mean anything heart related, even planned, is serious. I'm not even saying Conrad is being honest, just that Satin is a lying piece of shit and shouldn't be believed on anything. 

I've never known Satin to lie and his accuracy rate is extremely high. Sorry to ruin your narratives but you are wrong.

Post one example where he provenly lied. I won't hold my breath.