Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair (sigh)

5 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

Well, we all know Rovert is the most reliable source because he has a lot of Twitter followers and is friends with a lot of wrestlers and wrestlers have even been to his house...but then again Conrad also has a lot of Twitter followers and he knows even more wrestlers who have also been to his house, so I don't know who to believe and the world is just so confusing to me right now.

This is idiotic. I am friendly with Conrad. He's just protecting a very close friend and father in law. But indulge in gross stupidity.

As things stand things are in complete lockdown in terms of new information coming out. Because things are actually more serious than Conrad stated yesterday. 

This isn't something I want to be right about either. Have a clue,  please.

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, rovert said:

Keep being truthers though....

Yeah, applying a loaded term like that to wrestling news makes you look like you're so stuck in the bubble, you need someone to drain the bath for you.

And for the record, no one has ever said that Flair's heart issues weren't "serious" - just that the word of Wendy and Conrad, actually family members who would be in the know, hold more weight than TMZ or wrestling reporters. 

Note: You seem to have a complicated history with other posters here, but I don't know you and have no preconceived notions of you - I am only responding to your posts (and others) with my own thoughts. 

I mean, just on it's face ....70 year old man who lived a rough life and had a previous near fatal heath scare needing a procedure done on his heart...tends to make it sound more serious than Conrad wants to let on. And I get it, he doesn't want a circus in the hospital and is trying to downplay things to keep a lid on it.

Not sure why everyone is so viscerally angry at Satin though, unless it's a general "he worked for TMZ and they are shit so he must be shit too". I don't recall him personally lying about something.

11 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Not sure why everyone is so viscerally angry at Satin though, unless it's a general "he worked for TMZ and they are shit so he must be shit too". I don't recall him personally lying about something.

I don't think Satin is lying or making anything up - I just think he got fed info from a "source" that differs from what the family is saying. I'd still be more inclined to believe Conrad and Wendy, even if they are downplaying certain aspects of the situation to protect Ric, because they're the ones who would actually know. 

But yeah, TMZ is shit. 

Satin "lying"...well, he Tweeted out something somewhat vague about Bayley and Sasha lying on the floor in apparent protest of their WM tag title loss, then played the "I never said that" card when people made the assumptions he clearly wanted people to make.

Original tweet

Later: "Never said it was a protest."

I don't think all that highly of Satin as a person, think he's broken some things as a reporter, and think he's reported or played up bullshit for attention as well, as was the case here. (Note that I could not give two shits one way or the other what Sasha and/or Bayley's behavior was at WM or what they thought of losing the belts, so the actual facts of whether they were lying on the floor literally don't matter to me, I'm just talking about how Satin framed the apparent story and then his subsequent backtrack).

8 hours ago, rovert said:

This is idiotic. I am friendly with Conrad. He's just protecting a very close friend and father in law. But indulge in gross stupidity.

As things stand things are in complete lockdown in terms of new information coming out. Because things are actually more serious than Conrad stated yesterday. 

This isn't something I want to be right about either. Have a clue,  please.

Touched a nerve, did I? :lol:

2 hours ago, PeteF3 said:

Satin "lying"...well, he Tweeted out something somewhat vague about Bayley and Sasha lying on the floor in apparent protest of their WM tag title loss, then played the "I never said that" card when people made the assumptions he clearly wanted people to make.

Original tweet

Later: "Never said it was a protest."

I don't think all that highly of Satin as a person, think he's broken some things as a reporter, and think he's reported or played up bullshit for attention as well, as was the case here. (Note that I could not give two shits one way or the other what Sasha and/or Bayley's behavior was at WM or what they thought of losing the belts, so the actual facts of whether they were lying on the floor literally don't matter to me, I'm just talking about how Satin framed the apparent story and then his subsequent backtrack).

Looking back, it seems like that whole "Sasha and Bayley were having a tantrum about losing" deal was someone from the company purposely feeding info to the sheets to embarrass them. It's the exact kind of petty bullshit they would do in response to someone who takes what they do seriously and dared question the company's plans. It's the #1 Vince Paradox that people should devote their lives to wrestling 100%, but the moment you speak up and say their plan for you is stupid you're a crybaby who's a mark for themselves.  

Everybody knows that guy who thinks they are important because they've rubbed elbows with somebody who is famous. Rovert is PWO's version of that guy. The more somebody drops names and insists on his credibility the the less credible that person sounds. Combine that with passive aggressive attacks on anybody who points these things out, and Rovert just comes off as delusional. It is kind of sad really. 

It seems to me that if part of your inside knowledge is having medical information about someone's close family member, that's the kind of thing you should keep to yourself. It's a massive invasion of their personal privacy.

14 minutes ago, Al said:

It seems to me that if part of your inside knowledge is having medical information about someone's close family member, that's the kind of thing you should keep to yourself. It's a massive invasion of their personal privacy.

Yes, Adam Schefter will always be a giant piece of shit for posting Jason Pierre-Paul's medical chart the way he did.

2 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

I have no real opinion on Satin's reporting one way or the other, but Sasha walking out on the company would seem to lend credence to the idea that she and Bayley were pissed about losing the tag belts.

There was a whole context to the situation that he left out and just made it sound like they were throwing a tantrum because they were losing the belts. It poisoned the well immediately.

13 hours ago, joeg said:

Everybody knows that guy who thinks they are important because they've rubbed elbows with somebody who is famous. Rovert is PWO's version of that guy. The more somebody drops names and insists on his credibility the the less credible that person sounds. Combine that with passive aggressive attacks on anybody who points these things out, and Rovert just comes off as delusional. It is kind of sad really. 

Nice fanfic but no. That's not me at all as much as some people here insist it is. 

Satin was still accurate.

6 hours ago, Stiva said:

I'm glad we've got away from the trivial business of Ric Flair being hospitalised to go through the important business of dick waving.

I know right? I don't get the tantrums about me or Satin here at all. 

I simply pointed out the disbelieving Satin was offbase which time has proven me correct on.

^ No not really. I don't know who Satin is nor do I give a fuck. I was simply reacting to you calling people who disagree with you idiots and stupid and you're persistence that you are right and anybody who disagrees with you is an idiot because you have the "inside scoop." I have no dog in this fight, as I have no idea who Satin or Conrad are. I just find you obnoxious. 

12 hours ago, joeg said:

^ No not really. I don't know who Satin is nor do I give a fuck. I was simply reacting to you calling people who disagree with you idiots and stupid and you're persistence that you are right and anybody who disagrees with you is an idiot because you have the "inside scoop." I have no dog in this fight, as I have no idea who Satin or Conrad are. I just find you obnoxious. 

I didn't call anyone an idiot or stupid. I referred to people idiotic and engaging in stupidity as they as blinded by bias, nonsense and in the case of Conrad's motivation just a lack of thinking. I actually expect better from posters on here to just turn things into a Conrad vs Satin thing here and totally off base in doing so.

If you find me obnoxious that's because I am up against the most bizarre resistance here. I've no idea why people are hung up on the "inside scoop" thing. It is 2019 and everyone is on social media especially when it comes to Pro Wrestling. While at the same time all you guys are looking for the scoop or the latest on Ric. That's bizarre to me. 

What is actually important is Ric Flair and whether Ric pulls through. 

2 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

It seems like several of you owe Satin an apology.

They do but there are too many people in love with their own opinion here for either to happen, unfortunately. Would settle for people to learn from it and be a bit more civil towards other posters who are just reflecting reality. 

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that Shawn Michaels never contacted Flair in the hospital and Ric is none too pleased.

Also, he doesn't sound like he's all that committed to cleaning up his act. I guess he's just too set in his ways. Or maybe he figures his days are numbered regardless and is willing to sacrifice some longevity for happiness in the time he does have.