Pro Wrestling Only

Ric Flair (sigh)

Financially speaking Ric doesn't need another divorce. I'd agree that this is an obviously unhealthy relationship and a break up would probably be for the best, but I don't think Flair would choose any better fifth time around.

This time he should fight for alimony, then have the checks sent directly to the previous exes.

Flair must have a codependent personality to keep getting married at his age.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, ICP has a good rep for their payoffs and treating wrestlers well in general. Is it something he probably would have done during his original run of signings & other appearances? Probably not, but it's not really a big deal, especially given the limbo he's in right now.

It may not be a big deal for someone like Tracy Smothers. But this is Ric Flair we're talking about. Given his stature in the industry and all the money he's earned, this should be comically beneath him.

Foley, Nash, and other big names who saved their money have worked for them, so not really.

I'm telling you guys, Redneck Flair has endless possibilities.

In hindsight, Flair should've teamed with Dick Murdoch in 1991. Flair finds his inner redneck self while Murdoch slowly evolves into the new Nature Boy.

In all seriousness, working for the clowns might not make a top 20 list of depressing Flair stories from the past 3 years. What will be depressing are the stories that will come out afterwards where the clowns will have to pay his meth tab on the Drug Bridge.

In all seriousness, working for the clowns might not make a top 20 list of depressing Flair stories from the past 3 years. What will be depressing are the stories that will come out afterwards where the clowns will have to pay his meth tab on the Drug Bridge.

Seriously, he was banned from the Hard Rock Cafe on Citywalk in Orlando for "inappropriate behavior," and with his history, it's likely that is code for "whipped his dick out and spun it around in front of horrified tourist families."

Gathering of the Juggalos is objectively one of the biggest indy wrestling events going. It's not my cup of tea, but I'm certainly not going to look down on Flair for taking a well paying booking that will have him in front of many thousands of people and get lots of press coverage. It's a great show to be booked on all things considered. Is it any worse than working on TNA house shows that drew 200-300 people?

This year's has all sorts of names involved.....Rock N Roll Express, Waltman, Vader, John Morrison, Masters, Lashley, Carlito, Matt Hardy, Steiner, Corino, Cabana.....fairly impressive lineup

Outside of Flair being hit with a projectile sharp, hard, body fluid or otherwise I don't see the big detail outside of the Carolinas the veneer of respectability is gone and the Clowns treat and pay performers well. Terry Funk put them over huge in his book.

ICP were indy wrestlers way way before they ever made it big in music.

For anyone that has an Observer subscription i'd highly recomend the podcast Alvarez did with Violent J either late last year or early this year, I actually thought it was one of the better interviews they've had on the site. ICP also was on one of the early AOW shows with Cabana which is worth a listen too.

Anyways, besides whatever they're gonna have him doing at the wrestling show, i'm amused that they've got Flair hosting the Saturday IPPV concert portion of the gathering with this lineup

GotJ MAIN STAGE

SATURDAY - AUGUST 11, 2012

Host: Ric Flair

6:00 PM: Cold 187um

6:45 PM: P.O.D

7:45 PM: Blaze

8:30 PM: Tech N9ne

9:45 PM: Geto Boys

11:00 PM: ICP

Don't blame Flair:

Ric Flair was in fact at Gathering of the Juggalos over the weekend and hosted the main stage. His presence at the show was cut short, however, after he got hit with a water bottle that was thrown from the crowd and he walked out, refusing to return.

Credit: PWInsider