Pro Wrestling Only

Tommy Gilbert accepts induction into the Hall of Fame for son Eddie (I think) in a nice moment. I was half-expecting an angle because this is Memphis and Eddie wouldn't have been above it, but I'm glad we didn't get it. Phil Hickerson, Joe LeDuc (who still gets booed and stays in character after all these years), Billy Wix and Jackie Fargo are the other inductees, with Fargo being pushed as the star. Stan Lane standing in wrestling gear in the background and Jerry Jarrett in a solid white tux are both LOL worthy.

I love these things and there is a Knoxville tribute on the Night of Legends show I am going to try and get on the 1994 yearbook, at least in edited form. After watching Memphis Heat, I wish Billy Wicks was featured more.

Eddie Marlin is choking up as he introduces Eddie Gilbert as 1995's first inductee into whatever Hall of Fame this is. Phil Hickerson is out and is actually fairly well-dressed, looking exactly like disgraced Kansas football coach Mark Mangino. Jos LeDuc is next, making what has to be one of his final public appearances. Jackie Fargo is of course the last entrant and gets a speech.