Pro Wrestling Only

WO news and notes (6-20-05)

goodhelmet

Guest Some Guy

I wanted to add this earlier but couldn't find it...

An old story about RVD and HHH...

---Meltz: Van Dam disappeared at a RAW taping and HHH was looking for him. HHH found him , put his arm around him, and said "Where have you been?" He pulled HHH's arm off him, told him, "You know where I've been. I've been smoking dope while you were burying me behind my back."

Oh God, that's so tremendous on so many levels.
Yes, it is. RVD should have knocked him out, too. What an asshole HHH is. He buries the guy for 4 years and then searches him out so he can try to make nice. I'm glad that RVD called him out on it. Forget Vince, RVD has balls the saize of grapefruits. Telling off the heir apparent is ballsy.

As far as the music goes: the only important one is Sandman's. His entrance is his gimmick and is the only redeeming thing about him as a wrestler.

Did the Dudleyz come out with no music and talking shit to the crowd?

Stephanie continues to prove her worthlessness to the company. I've been saying for years that they should let Heymen book SD! with Vince editing his work. Leave Steph out of it, she seems to want to kill any good idea for fear of being shown up, rather than her father who would just take credit for the good ideas of others. How could they have an ECW show without Heymen being involved? Heymen is ECW.

Guest Cam Chaos

Heyman pretty much screwed himself when they caught him eavesdropping on a conference call. The problem with Paul is that they can't trust him, so it's very hard to work with him.

What is ironic is they don't trust Heyman for eavesdropping but he wouldn't have been eavesdropping had he trusted them to keep him informed.

I think they're afraid that if Heyman was privy to all the future storylines that he would tell Scherer or someone else online and spoilers would be around for nearly every future occurence. That's the only reason I see it being an issue.

BTW, I saw that in Meltzer's preview for this issue, he said he was going to talk about the draft and who was most likely to be the last person drafted. What did he say?

I don't ever see a situation where HHH would leave RAW, unless there came a time the show was going to go off the air. He's spent way too much time having the entire program built around him to start over on SD.

I'm thinking Batista will win the HIAC due to some hijinx designed to protect HHH (like Flair turning or someshit so that HHH has an excuse for losing) then Batista goes to SD with the HHH Memorial Championship. Of course that leaves HHH free to bury Cena so that A) No one gets to be a bigger star in the company on his watch and B) He gets to hold the actual WWE championship which they probably think would silence the smarks that bitch about the RAW belt being created for him.

Shame that I missed hearing you on WOL Loss, but it's been my habit lately to turn off the show a bit early to avoid any chance of hearing the begining of that horrible racing show that starts right after. What was your question/comment refering to?

I had a point I was eventually getting to, but the show ended before I could make it. Basically, the point was that taking the belt off of Cena anytime soon would be ridiculous, especially with his movie being released later this year, and also that the final segment on RAW with the "real stars" really made him look subpar. I also pointed out that it's obvious RAW had no atmosphere or energy when someone like Chris Jericho turns heel and no one seems to really care (referring more to the online reaction than the crowd reaction).

Guest Some Guy

Loss, I listened to the show, but have no recollection of the last call. Probably because my father was bothering me about doing something for the last 5 minutes of the show. Too bad, it would've been cool to put a voice to the words (that you are apparently at a loss for).

Guest teke184

Don't put too much stock into the voices that go over those damn telephone connections.

According to people who've heard me before on WOL, I sound like a severely drawling redneck.

Guest Some Guy

I don't have a lisp. I can pronounce my own name. It would be more like, "Hey Meltzah, what do you think of Cenar going to Raw?"

You know it's odd, I've lived in Minnesota all of my life, have never been around any southern people for any real length of time, but I'll be damned if I don't slip into a southern drawl and break out a "ya'al" at least once a month.