Pro Wrestling Only

Guest Booker w/ Terry Taylor

MikeCampbell

You want the more level headed version of the Luger vs Bridy story, you get Bill Alphonso's. He was inside the cage with both of them. He said it was a misunderstanding issue, nothing more.

I love the fact you still hear incredible stories about how Brody beat up Luger, Luger running off scared for his life and other bullshit from old timers, when the footage is available and none of this actually happens.

I love the fact you still hear incredible stories about how Brody beat up Luger, Luger running off scared for his life and other bullshit from old timers, when the footage is available and none of this actually happens.

Well, I'd argue that Luger leaving the cage as he did did make him look scared, but besides that, the whole thing always gives me an idea of what those famously "We did a one-hour broadway with me holding him in a headlock for the whole hour" might have looked like.

Actually I think that the territory killer-style match I have read about and half-referenced above was a Brody thing too...him and someone in Texas (Lewin?). Or so the story goes. Brody-Luger has a similar look about it.

I've seen the footage of Luger and Brody in the cage, and I don't see how there was any "misunderstanding", at least on Brody's part. Brody clearly stops selling for Lex about five minutes in, Luger continues to pound away for what seems like an eternity with Brody just staring at him stone faced, the crowd begins to sense something weird is going on, and then Luger finally leaves the cage out of sheer frustration. Brody didn't sit on the turnbuckle and Lex didn't really "freak out". Obviously Brody wanted to screw with Lex and whoever was running the Florida show, but I have no clue whether it was premeditated or not.

I've seen the footage of Luger and Brody in the cage, and I don't see how there was any "misunderstanding", at least on Brody's part. Brody clearly stops selling for Lex about five minutes in, Luger continues to pound away for what seems like an eternity with Brody just staring at him stone faced, the crowd begins to sense something weird is going on, and then Luger finally leaves the cage out of sheer frustration. Brody didn't sit on the turnbuckle and Lex didn't really "freak out". Obviously Brody wanted to screw with Lex and whoever was running the Florida show, but I have no clue whether it was premeditated or not.

What you describe is exactly what happened, and I don't remember the specifics of the sory Alfonso told, it may have been a young Luger wanting to call the match to which Brody responded by just stopping selling, but anyway Alfonso basically said it was no big deal and that the two talked and settled it in the locker room later. The story just got blown out of proportion and became ridiculously twisted afterward, probably because Luger is not well liked at all and Brody was seen as this great legend.

Re: Brody/Luger: pretty sure I heard recently that Luger left the building & went straight to Crockett, where did this idea come from that they sat down & made friends after? I call BS on that one.

Back to Terry Taylor: has anyone seen the Highspots "Behind the Curtain" shoot he did & care to compare the 2? I am usually intrigued by most of the Kayfabe Commentaries releases but don't really feel any of them are worth the price they charge.