Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, they need to get something going with Sheamus. He was pretty hot when he went face, but has kinda been in a holding pattern for a few months.

It was a really odd Rumble. Seems like they had a bunch of dudes they could've used in it, but didn't. Hacksaw, Road Dogg, all three announcers...didn't seem like they needed all of those guys.

Active guys who weren't in the Rumble or in a match on the show

Curt Hawkins

JTG

Mason Ryan

Michael McGuillicutty

Tyler Reks

Heath Slater

Jimmy Uso

Johnny Curtis

Ted DiBiase (injured recently)

Trent Barretta

Tyson Kidd

Yoshi Tatsu

Darren Young

Derrick Bateman

Titus O'Neill

Percy Watson

Believe me I think we got a mostly good selection this year because that list is uninspiring.

I actually listened to the near hour long interview Stephanie did with that Bodybuilding website and I don't know I kind of feel sorry for her. She comes across as someone with low self esteem and severe body issues. Plus the part about making sure she is home for her kids because her parents weren't around for her growing up was kinda sad. Maybe I'm way off but she came off like a sympathetic figure

Holy shit, should she really be doing an interview with a site called "RX Muscle"? They have a "chemical enhancement" section with articles such as:

"Athlete X Talks Performance Enhancement" ("It doesn't matter if you're a broker on Wall Street or breaking necks on the 50 yard line. When money is involved people will play dirty and break the rules" -Athlete X)

"The Advanced Application of Pro-Hormones and Designer Steroids: The Triphase Cycle"

"Understanding the Testosterone to Epitestosterone Ratio Drug Test!"

"All You Ever Wanted To Know About Long R3 IGF-1!" (A form of Insulin Growth Factor, which is stacked with HGH. Speaking of which...)

"Growth Hormone: All You Ever Wanted to Know About It!"

A series of "Champion's Medicine Cabinet" interviews.

"Deca Durabolin: Miracle or Monster?"

"Growth Hormone's Great Disappearing Act!"

"Anabolic & Androgenic scores: Everything you need to know"

"Ovidrel (Next-Generation-HCG)!" (The pregnancy hormone used after a steroid cycle because it kickstarts natural testosterone production in men)

"Androxal (enclomiphine)- a new form of Clomid on the market!"

"Clenbuterol: The Non-Steroidal Muscle-Builder and Fat Burner!"

"Decoding Steroids : How to Read the Chemical Names!"

A series of "Drug Profiles"

"Anabolic Steroids: Leveling the playing field?"

"Anabolic Steroids 101"

She comes across as someone with low self esteem and severe body issues.

Not really surprising given that she has Vince McMahon for a father, Triple H as a husband and is surrounded by younger, prettier women in her day job. Fans were unforgiving during the Attitude era too.

I really liked the Royal Rumble overall but I honestly have no idea why Sheamus won. I mean, what the hell are they going to do with Sheamus? Especially since Daniel Bryan retained the title in the cage match.

Are they just going to use Elimination Chamber to set-up the Smackdown title match for Wrestlemania? *sigh*

I hope we don't get some bullshit 3-way.

I just don't really understand how Sheamus goes from squashing Jinder Mahal repeatedly, for about six weeks now, to just randomly winning the Royal Rumble and getting a title shot at Wrestlemania.

The Big Show, Mark Henry & Daniel Bryan have all been messing around with the title lately and if there was someone else going to be added to the mix, I would have expected it to be Randy Orton, not Sheamus. But despite that, I think the RAW title situation would have been much better served to have been represented. I mean, at this point, it looks like C.M. Punk's biggest threat is...John Laurinaitis? I've heard the rumors of Jericho/Punk and that makes sense, so why not just go with that? It just feels like the shit was changed last second because "Oh, everyone knows Jericho is going to win, let's swerve them!" and now shit doesn't make sense again.

What's so wrong with people knowing ahead of time what might happen if it makes sense? It's better than going for some shitty half-assed surprise and messing up your storylines.

Well, when Dave said on Sunday's Observer Radio that they were considering an unpredictable finish that would play into the "anyone can enter" stip, I was expecting either Cole, Vickie or Laurinaitis. So it could have been worse.

Dave revealed that he was talking about Cena, who would choose to forego the title shot and still face Rock at WrestleMania.

Everyone who thought that Sheamus winning was a huge shock must not watch Smackdown on a regular basis, because he's been one of the top two or three babyfaces on that brand for the past like half year. I'm pretty sure he hasn't eaten a single pinfall loss since he turned.

They didn't script a storyline that made him seem like he was in the running though. Compare this to say Chris Benoit winning the Rumble in 2004 and it's like night and day.

Everyone who thought that Sheamus winning was a huge shock must not watch Smackdown on a regular basis, because he's been one of the top two or three babyfaces on that brand for the past like half year. I'm pretty sure he hasn't eaten a single pinfall loss since he turned.

They didn't script a storyline that made him seem like he was in the running though. Compare this to say Chris Benoit winning the Rumble in 2004 and it's like night and day.

Who did get a storyline, though? Pretty much everyone this year was "blah blah blah oh BTW I'm in the Rumble."