Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1994-02-28-WWF-Raw] Interview: Shawn Michaels & Diesel

Stan Lane tries to interview Shawn in his locker room, but he was naked except for a towel, so he asked for a minute to get ready. I am humored by Shawn sitting there cutting a promo wearing nothing. This is edited really weirdly. Watch and you'll see what I mean.

Odd editing aside I was amused by Shawn saying give me a minute to put something on and then we cut back to him wearing the same towel but with the IC belt. Decent promo otherwise.

Another good promo by Michaels (whose hair now looks eerily similar to hairpiece-era Stan Lane) with really oddly edited jump cuts. Michaels swipes Lane's microphone from him but we still hear Stan asking questions.

My guess is that there was some kind of audio problem in the locker room, so they redubbed Stan asking the questions at Titan Towers. We know that he was physically in the locker room, so that's the only explanation that makes sense.

Shawn hit his points, and there were flashes of the HBK we came to know, but he wasn't really a finished product yet. Nash looked suitably tough in his brief appearance, but he would have really looked scary if he'd been pushing around a non-wrestler like Pettengill instead. When he pulls his act with someone who used to be a wrestler, it reminds us too easily that the person being bullied needs to copperate in situations like this.

Interesting that Shawn got to keep, or at least wear, the actual IC belt (or at least the one that he'd defended) during this angle. It might have made more sense for Hall to keep the real belt and Shawn to wear one that obviously wasn't.