Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1994-04-09-WWF-Superstars] Heartbreak Hotel: Bret Hart

The re-shoot is also clearly in a darkened empty arena. WWE was doing Polaroids of each segment of continuity back then so I'm curious how they screwed it up.

Shawn starts off by saying Bret gets all the title shots. We get a brief tease of a challenge for Diesel against Bret for the title. But Bret hasn't forgotten about Owen and ready to take on all challengers. Hmm, I didn't even pick up on Bret's tights changing colors.

This was fine. Bret is alluding that he and Owen will wrestling again presumably for the title. Shawn was sort of annoying at points here.

I had to go back and see the Bret’s changing tights thing after reading the comments. That is bizarre because the promo Bret gives here is good and he escalated the program with Owen by saying more would be on the line this time. Shawn sort of feels middling in these past two segments because he doesn’t have a go to feud currently besides being Diesel’s mouthpiece against Ramon.

Shawn is a good talker and a star, so on some level it makes sense to give him his own interview segment. But I wonder if he has the capability of getting other guys and programs over besides his own. The Lowell Auditorium is one of my favorite mini-venues in wrestling, like a slightly bigger Manhattan Center, but MAN is it illustrative of where the WWF was at this point to have Superstars in this setting. Hey, this is the color-changing outfit interview!