Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Charles (Loss)

[1994-06-11-WCW-Saturday Night] Ray Traylor and the Guardian Angels

Extensive video package with Boss Man doing lots of things with the Guardian Angels. That was a pretty high dropped they were jumping down from. Looks like one of the last guys twisted an ankle when he landed.

I mean this was really amusing to me. These types of vignettes that clearly aren't going to work that well are always amusing.

This was put together a lot better than I would have imagined but Ray was just so mousy with the Boss man gimmick that pretty much anything would fail I think. Also riding MARTA almost every day, I could use a guardian angel most of the time.

Well, I appreciate the effort they made to make the gimmick mean something instead of a simple name and outfit change. Well produced and to me it worked. Traylor was a big man, it shows here in the middle of this bunch of guardian angels.

Traylor's size is the first thing that jumped out at me, too. He absolutely dwarfs everyone else in sight. Apparently the directive came down for Traylor and the Guardian Angels to cut more wrestling-style promos.