Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1994-06-18-USWA-TV] Music Video: Brian Christopher / Interview: Brian Christopher

Video to "Missionary Man" by The Eurythmics. Considering the music being used for videos during this time, SMW and the USWA (and really, probably everyone in wrestling) were having a terrible time letting go of the 1980s. That aside, Brian Christopher does maybe the best interview I have seen from him.

Then, we get a clip of the topic, which was Tommy Rich and company doing a number on Brian Christopher in the studio.

Okay music video with a good promo. Lance seems to be a fan of Brian Christopher. Clips from previous beatdown of Christopher. I’ve noticed in the USWA beatdowns that the people who come down to aid are pretty useless.

Lance got steamrolled during that brawl. Brian Christopher cuts a solid promo and his video is decent but with has some terribly out of date music. Okay stuff.

Was this song even a hit, I don't think I have ever heard it. Seeing this song after the Coolio one with Public Enemy makes USWA feel real out of date. Christopher cuts a real good promo backstage. Good studio beatdown handed out on Christopher.

Missionary Man was definitely a hit, but a lesser one than Sweet Dreams or Would I Lie to You. It was also eight years old and part of an era that Nirvana had more or less wiped out--remember what I said about ECW's use of Fantastic Voyage? The lyrics do at least fit with Christopher's image as a semi-antihero babyface.

Lance is backstage with Brian, who vows revenge for a 3-on-1 beatdown at the hands of Doug Gilbert, Tommy Rich, and Dream Machine. Footage follows--holy CRAP, I can't believe Russell wasn't seriously hurt. He went flying farther than a 68-year old man should ever go. The dude's a trooper.