Pro Wrestling Only
Sign in to follow this  
Loss

[1994-06-18-WCW-Saturday Night] Interview: Arn Anderson & Dustin Rhodes

Dustin Rhodes asks Arn Anderson to be his tag team partner. Arn can't answer that question tonight but promises to let him know at the Clash. Yeah, that makes sense??

Dustin needs him a partner to take on Terry Funk and Bunkhouse Buck. He again requests Arn Anderson to be his tag partner. Sounds like Arn is going to agree then and there but needs a couple days to think about it.

This was a useless interview to be honest. They just held up Arn's answer to try and get more views for The Clash. Arn still cut a good promo though.

Pretty weird that Arn needs four days to mull it over, that would be suspicious to me if I was Dustin. Dustin fumbled over his words a good bit here too.

Well, no Rhodes has ever been burned by asking an Anderson to team with him before. This "wait until the Clash" business doesn't make sense on the surface level, but if I can supply my own fantasy booking I'd like to think Arn went to the Colonel after this and said, "Make me an offer or I take the kid up on his." Hell, maybe this was explicitly explained.