Pro Wrestling Only

2004 Recommendations

The thought of extended yearbooks has certainly crossed my mind but the biggest restraint I see is the lack of variety from wrestling promos except WWE/TNA. I believe cherry picking the best WWE promo stuff from this year would probably be comparable to the 1993-1994 stuff for the most part, but one thing that is refreshing with a yearbook is that you are usually only 20-30 minutes away from a different promotion or landscape to check out. Even some subpar stuff like some ECW or a lackluster USWA tv episode is refreshing when you have watched 1-2 hours of Japan and lucha footage. I think you could get by somewhat by just mixing in the different kind of indies but I am not sure how it would look from a end product standpoint. I understand having "wrestling history" displayed in this format is very appealing to myself and there is a ton of hidden gems I have never heard of before my yearbook watching.

Honestly I'd be keen even if it was mostly all WWE, TNA and ROH, but that's just my personal taste, much the same way that what interests me about the older ones is all the WWF, WCW and ECW. I'm sure there would be stuff out there that I'd never even heard of though.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know what's the criteria you guys have for this, but anyway, I'll give this a shot.

These aren't exactly fresh in my mind since I haven't watched them in years, but here's some non-ROH US Indy recommendations of what I thought was good back then, however I don't know how they stand up to this day:

IWA-MS:

Homicide & B-Boy vs. Matt Sydal & Delirious

Homicide & B-Boy vs. Tracy Smothers & Chris Hamrick

Chris Hero vs. Arik Cannon

Bryan Danielson vs. Arik Cannon

Chris Hero vs. Bryan Danielson

2/3 Falls Match: Chris Hero vs. Bryan Danielson

Chris Hero vs. Mike Quackenbush

Samoa Joe vs. Roderick Strong

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Nigel McGuinness

Alex Shelley vs. Bryan Danielson

Super Dragon vs. Arik Cannon

Samoa Joe vs. Nigel McGuinness

CM Punk vs. Bryan Danielson

Bryan Danielson vs. Mike Quackenbush

Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Bryan Danielson

CZW:
Super Dragon & Excalibur vs. El Generico & Kevin Steen

Cage of Death Match: Eddie Kingston, Jack Evans, Ruckus & Sabian vs. Sexxxy Eddy, JC Bailey, Nate Webb & Chris Ca$h

PWG:

Samoa Joe vs. Bryan Danielson

Bryan Danielson vs. Bobby Quance

Bryan Daniels & Super Dragon vs. the Havana Pitbulls

B-Boy & Homicide vs. Samoa Joe & Puma

B-Boy & Homicide vs. Chris Hero & CM Punk

B-Boy & Homcide vs. Bryan Danielson & Super Dragon

NJPW:

Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

Kazuyuki Fujita vs. Katsuyori Shibata