Pro Wrestling Only

Who is the worst booker ever?

JerryvonKramer

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's probably trolling anyway. I mean, his use of "bro" sounds like he's working his gimmick. He's a chauvinistic pig anyway (cf WCW Highway to Hell thread). So, yeah, he's most probably an homophobic idiot too. He's desperate for attention. Poor guy.

What if most fans are gay? Ok, then what?

Exactly. His homophobia is so transparent it's ridiculous. "Bro, I have nothing against homosexuals. But really, if you're at NXT chanting This Is Awesome at Finn Balor, you have to be gay or in the closet." And ? What if ? It's Orlando after all. Why not. AND SO WHAT ?

The kiss of death is "men do not react to other men that way. It’s not a normal function." Mmmkay. What exactly do you imply by "not a normal function" ?

The idea than some indy still employs his services is absolutely mind-blowing. He's just not the worst booker ever, he's a despicable guy.

People inside wrestling have often seemed bewildered by the idea that someone can love wrestling and follow it closely and be interested in its history and want to understand psychology and booking and promoting, yet have zero interest in being employed in the wrestling business in any capacity.

Fuck Vince Russo. He sucks, he's been discussed ad nauseum, he's not worth it in any way, shape or form. The fact that he's a homophobe isn't surprising and it's just one more reason to not give that motherfucker one drop of attention.

People inside wrestling have often seemed bewildered by the idea that someone can love wrestling and follow it closely and be interested in its history and want to understand psychology and booking and promoting, yet have zero interest in being employed in the wrestling business in any capacity.

This. It's enthralling and, yet, completely repellent in a lot of ways.

Or vice versa

Or vice versa

People outside wrestling have often seemed bewildered by the idea that someone can hate wrestling and not follow it and not care about its history or customs, yet want a job in it?

I've defended Russo before, but this is indefensible. Granted, I know he's just working a gimmick and in love with his own trolling bullshit, but it wouldn't surprise me if he really is homophobic under the guise of "tolerance" and "acceptance" - e.g. "love the sinner, hate the sin."

As for the other topic currently being discussed in this thread, there are plenty of examples of wrestlers not caring about in-ring psychology or the history of the business - Goldberg, Warrior, etc.

I'm going to play devil's advocate here. Yes Russo is a jock sniffer and a meat head. But we have a thread here dedicated to discussion on male wrestlers' physical appearance. We watch and discuss watching grown men pretend to fight in their underwear. Just sayin.

Ok. Not trying to step in dogshit here. As poorly chosen as Russo's words are and as much of a dumbass as he is, wrestling is kinda gay. Everybody has heard pro wrestling (as well as MMA and ametuer wrestling for that matter) made fun of for being kind of homoerotic. Didn't mean to offend, please don't take what I said too seriously.

I'm not offended. I just think there's always this implication like, "Oh, I've noticed that this guy watches another man do (x) thing if you know what I mean" and then implying there's a gay undercurrent to it ... that's jumping to conclusions anyway, but okay, so what if it's true? Russo is weaponizing it, and that's the annoying part. It would be like if I said that I wanted to imply that wrestling fans sure like sandwiches and point out how passionate they sure seem to be about bread. I'm making the benign somehow sound shameful. It's dumb.

Worth pointing out that in the entire show, I don't recall Russo having any kind of linear argument for "all hardcore wrestling fans are gay" other than:

1. When he said Finn Balor needs to go to a gym, someone sent him a photo of Balor looking pumped with his shirt off.

2. Jason Powell was concerned that adding Maryse to the Miz match at WrestleMania would hurt the quality of the in ring work. At which point Russo said that's not a normal male thought, whereas he watches women's matches s specifically hoping for a nipple slip. (He later added far he watches TMZ solely for hot chicks like the Kardashians. The implication was that all of his TV viewing is dictated by the presence of hot chicks.)

The rest was literally just calling people gay Homosexuals because he disliked them.

You'd think there would be easier ways of viewing nipples than hoping for a wardrobe malfunction in a wrestling match. Guy sounds like a repressed teenager still living with his parents hoping to get a moment to jerk off because they've set parental controls on "better" channels.

Though, I guess I shouldn't be surprised by anything Russo does/says.

Vince Russo is, was and continues to be verified trash. What happens to these people to give them such fucked up ideas about women though? How can he ever befriend let alone have a relationship with any woman when the height of his concern with them in any professional capacity is if he can see their nipples?

Oh yeah and he's a homophobe too. Funny how that so often goes hand in hand with misogyny.

"Working a gimmick"? Are we really using that? Listen, when the red light is on--okay fine! But this is real life. I am tired of wrestlers and wrestling personalities hiding behind the 'Terry Bolea/Hulk Hogan' shit that was done during the Gawker trial. Wrestling is such an interesting and self-loathing business that its kinda depressing. Can you imagine if any other artist/creator had the same disdain for his/her fans as pro wrestling & Russo?

"Man, I can't believe all these kids love my Harry Potter series---there is only ONE WORD to describe them!"

"Pretty long line for the new Star Wars film, I am glad I created it a long time ago, but its crystal clear that only CERTAIN PEOPLE enjoy this film."

"That was a pretty smooth moonwalk just now. Berry Gordy, Diana Ross, Smokey Robinson, all the legends are out! But who are those people in the cheap seats? Oh! ITS THEM!".

It just doesn't work. I understand we are in the Age of Trump where media personalities are shooting left and right, but in the wrestling world---aren't we all burned out of 'the shoot' gimmick? We've had our fill with the supersaturation of tasteless and crass ideas masquerading as edgy and brave in the late 90s and early 2000s. What's the end-game? He isn't generating more money or better opportunities because of this non-sense. But I will admit to being out of touch and I guess being able to 'work' the internet in your 50's and being the real life Pierre Delacroix is an achievement only few can really appreciate.

• 2 months later...

As I'm sure some of you have heard, there have been some highly entertaining happenings in the world of Vince Russo over the past few weeks.

As we discussed here, when Bischoff and Cornette were on Table for 3, they took some shots at Vince Russo. The fallout from this show has been pretty epic, and I daresay it garnered more of a reaction from Russo than Cornette or Bischoff could have hoped for.

Russo apparently didn't much care for his name being brought up on Table for 3. In addition to reportedly contacting WWE to complain about it, he also allegedly took issue with the photo they used of him on screen when he was referenced on the show, as it was unflattering. The crux of Russo's issue is that Cornette and Bischoff "had no balls" because they would never say those things to his face. He made these statements in a couple of interviews he gave, on Twitter and on his own podcast.

After hearing Russo's response, Bischoff tried to somewhat take the high road, and simply mentioned on his podcast that he doesn't hate Russo but also doesn't want anything to do with him and doesn't want to engage with him, because he's basically a pathological liar and there is plenty of documented proof of that.

In response to what Bischoff said, Russo recorded a

where he publicly "apologized" to Bischoff in what seemed like an attempt to be funny or clever.

Of course, Jim Cornette wasn't quite as magnanimous. Upon hearing Russo's "say it to my face" speech, Cornette offered to do it and

. This particular segment is so...venomous.

In response, surprisingly, Russo didn't take Cornette up on the offer, and instead recorded another

for Cornette, "apologizing" to him too.

Cornette

by "conceding defeat" to Russo.

Russo apparently felt threatened by this particular podcast, and responded by

. The thing I love most about this, is that Jim Cornette is going to be selling personally autographed copies of the restraining order on his website.

This has all been hysterically entertaining, but even more hilarious is that while all this is going on...Russo has been embroiled in a huge podcast war with Bruce Prichard! Prichard recorded an epic length podcast critiquing the booking era of Vince Russo which seems to have unhinged Russo even worse in

. Apparently, Prichard rebuts a lof of claims that Russo has made over the years, (including in Russo's book) where he has taken responsibility for certain things creatively which Prichard now claims are not true, or only partially true.

Part of Russo's comeback was to call Prichard an alcoholic and pill addict.

Dave Meltzer is apparently of the opinion that Russo is engaging in these podcast wars for publicity and attention, so I guess in one sense posts like mine are giving him the attention he wants...but I still find it really, really funny.