Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Rumors are that McMahon and his son in law is targeting ROH talent for 2016. Names that are rumored for NXT are Jay Lethal , Mike Bennett , Matt Taven , Michael Elgin , Kyle O' Reilly and Bobby Fish . Of course the WWE only wants these wrestlers to hurt ROH 's business , not because they really want the ROH talent.

I don't think it will hurt ROH to lose some talent. The ROH product is a bit stale and they could use some new blood. If they could free up some roster spots they could bring in people like Sami Callihan , Willie Mack , Juice Robinson , AR Fox , Drew Galloway , Ricochet , Kenny Omega , Karl Anderson and countless others. Plus all of the talents going thur the camp system . Also the TNA talent are not on contracr so Edwards and Richards could return .

I think Bennett , Elgin . Taven and Maria Kannellis really need to move on from ROH , they are not over with the fans . It would sting losing Lethal and O' Reilly , but they could be replaced . Any comments.

Also if people didn't watch the Lethal/Strong match from a couple of weeks ago it was pretty damn good in the 3 3/4* range.

I agree. I was really surprised by this match, as I have absolutely loathed "Jay Lethal main event touring champ". But this was the best match shown during their DA tenure. Review of the show below:

http://segundacaida.blogspot.com/2015/11/ring-of-honor-on-destination-america_28.html

Final Battle looks to be a loaded show. Here's the card. The AJ match is in jeopardy though.

**MAIN EVENT**
ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP
Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles
ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP
War Machine vs. The Kingdom w/ Maria Kanellis
ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP
Bobby Fish vs Roderick Strong or Delirious
GRUDGE MATCH
Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly
SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH
Alex Shelley, ACH & #Reborn Matt Sydal vs The Addiction & Chris Sabin
“Unbreakable” Michael Elgin vs Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway
#1 CONTENDERS TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH
The Young Bucks vs All Night Express vs The Briscoes
YouTube Exclusive
Cheeseburger vs Brutal Bob

Does Maria have heat with the Bellas still? It seems like she might be more interested in following whatever career path she went to college for instead of going back to WWE, and I have a feeling Bennett would get lost in the shuffle on his own.

Also ever since someone mentioned Elgin looks like one of the pig nosed people from the "Eye of the Beholder" Twilight Zone episode, it's all I can see now.

Does Maria have heat with the Bellas still? It seems like she might be more interested in following whatever career path she went to college for instead of going back to WWE, and I have a feeling Bennett would get lost in the shuffle on his own.

I'd be suprised if the Bella's still have an issue with Maria, they are protected for life at this point no reason for them to be worried about their spots. Mike Bennett seemed to be building himself up pretty well before him and Maria were together I think he'd be alright.

Final Battle looks to be a loaded show. Here's the card. The AJ match is in jeopardy though.

**MAIN EVENT**

ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Jay Lethal w/ Truth Martini vs. "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles

ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

War Machine vs. The Kingdom w/ Maria Kanellis

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP

Bobby Fish vs Roderick Strong or Delirious

GRUDGE MATCH

Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly

SIX MAN TAG TEAM MATCH

Alex Shelley, ACH & #Reborn Matt Sydal vs The Addiction & Chris Sabin

Unbreakable Michael Elgin vs Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway

#1 CONTENDERS TRIPLE THREAT TAG TEAM MATCH

The Young Bucks vs All Night Express vs The Briscoes

YouTube Exclusive

Cheeseburger vs Brutal Bob

Still has to be room for Castle and Young in a rematch for the boys.

The Dalton Castle vs. Silas Young match has been booked . There is also a mystery wrestler booked , my hunch is Kenny Omega will return. I am looking forward to the show.

Omega really? I mean I would go insane for that and it would in some ways prove me right because as soon as he signed with NJPW full time I said he'll be back in ROH soon because of their working relationship, I'd still be powerfully shocked if they had him show up unannounced on a show I believe still isn't sold out but, it's ROH so I guess they are known for this type of thing

The Dalton Castle vs. Silas Young match has been booked . There is also a mystery wrestler booked , my hunch is Kenny Omega will return. I am looking forward to the show.

Omega really? I mean I would go insane for that and it would in some ways prove me right because as soon as he signed with NJPW full time I said he'll be back in ROH soon because of their working relationship, I'd still be powerfully shocked if they had him show up unannounced on a show I believe still isn't sold out but, it's ROH so I guess they are known for this type of thing

Omega is booked in New Jersey the same night. It might be possible for Kenny to make both shows . Just a hopeful guess on my part. FB is sold out, still plenty of tickets for the Saturday TV taping . I will be watching on PPV.

Do we know if the Jay Lethal vs Michael Elgin match at New Japan WrestleKingdom is advertised as a title match? Given that AJ is already set to work a match against Nakamura in New Japan that really kills the interest in the Final Battle match. Assuming that Styles can actually work both the ROH or New Japan show given injuries

Do we know if the Jay Lethal vs Michael Elgin match at New Japan WrestleKingdom is advertised as a title match? Given that AJ is already set to work a match against Nakamura in New Japan that really kills the interest in the Final Battle match. Assuming that Styles can actually work both the ROH or New Japan show given injuries

I though the Elgin vs. Lethal match is for the title. Elgin is cashing in his title shot he earned by winning SOTF 2016. Styles is claiming he will be ready , He has two weeks to get treatment .

So, Silas Young has actually become in the right. Dalton calls The Boys his "property" and wants his property back. Silas has them acting like individuals.

This is in so many ways the most fascinating feud in wrestling to me. Silas would have been the clear babyface at one point in history, Dalton the clear heel. It's booked like an 80s feud, but the roles are reversed because we live in a different time.