Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So , Mr. and Mrs. Michael Bennett are gone after today 's TV tapings . I guess they are headed to TNA ? Does the WWE want them ? Taven is out with his knee and his contract expires in March . Elgin , Rowe and Hanson are still working without contracts. Lethal is still the headliner , looks like he is staying. That would just leave Fish and O' Reilly futures still up in the air.

I didn't see the show this weekend but wanted to chime in as I feel ROH really needs a fresh coat of paint at this point. It seems like a good opportunity if Bennett & Taven are leaving and questionable futures of Lethal, Redragon, AJ, etc. to bring new guys into the mix. Whether they will do that is highly unlikely as I saw tweets over the weekend of the family atmosphere & how many "good guys" they have in the locker room, implying that there's no reason to change things up. Top 5 guys I'd like to see in ROH (in no particular order): Andrew Everett, Trevor Lee, AR Fox, Kenny Omega, Sami Callihan. And I don't watch Evolve so haven't seen much out of the heavily pimped guys there.

I read the results of the PPV and the TV and I unfortunately fall into the camp of maybe being "too smart for my own good". I read these match results & I can't help but second guess the booking of who's going over & what they are building for the future instead of saying "that sounds like a good match" and being done with my analysis. I think we've reached the point, I know I have, where I'm kind of tired of hearing everyone bellyaching & second guessing the booking of stuff. Promoters & bookers are going to do what they want to do regardless of what any fan says, so it may be time for us to stop assuming they are just going to miraculously listen to us and do what we want. If you don't like it, it's much easier to just move on and not worry about it.

Anyway, all I know is PWG and Evolve lately have a lot of buzz and don't run a lot of storylines. No one argues that ROH presents some good, athletic wrestling, but there really seems to be a level of excitement missing there and something could be done about it, you would think.

I agree with that, Tim. I used to be a huge fan of ROH, going to shows monthly, but the past few years, while they haven't been bad, they've just been boring. I can't put my finger on what I'd change or do differently, but I feel like the storylines used to be more interesting, and the presentation as a whole just feels stale to me.

Colby Corino and Brian Fury added to the TPT. It looks really bad for ROH to book Corino's kid for the TPT . First all he is about 19 years old and weights around 150 lbs.. Then ROH charges guys to attend their camps , then gives a spot to someone because is father is the play by play guy. There is no way Colby Corino deserves to booked if people like Andy Dalton , Shane Taylor , Keith Lee, Marin Stone , Aaron Solow , JT Dunn and countless others are not booked for the show.

I am fine with Brian Fury , solid talent.

I might be hoping against hope, but I am pulling for Nakamura vs Styles in a rematch for the IWGP IC title at the 14th anniversary show. I am going to both shows that weekend, bought tickets as soon as they announced Nakamura.