• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

Joey Mercury has been unloading on RoH management all morning as @joeynretrograde

Mercury has valid points about ROH's lackluster presentation - it's the shits - so embarrassingly bad!

But is he actually defending Bully Ray's unprofessional bush league bitch actions toward that fan backstage a few months ago? If so, fuck that!

The biggest story in all of this if true is that your women's champion is only around $24K a year.  I have no idea what a guy or girl working 40 hours a week at Burger King would get but I guarantee you it is 2 maybe 3 times more than that.   With all the heat that the WWE gets at least they are being paid decently.   

You know they are in deep shit when we get the WE ARE FAMILY group photo on their web site.  And you look at the photo and there may be 5 strong names in that bunch.  And the bigger names like Lethal and PCO and maybe Taven aren't even in the picture 

10 hours ago, hammerva said:

The biggest story in all of this if true is that your women's champion is only around $24K a year.  I have no idea what a guy or girl working 40 hours a week at Burger King would get but I guarantee you it is 2 maybe 3 times more than that.   With all the heat that the WWE gets at least they are being paid decently.   

You know they are in deep shit when we get the WE ARE FAMILY group photo on their web site.  And you look at the photo and there may be 5 strong names in that bunch.  And the bigger names like Lethal and PCO and maybe Taven aren't even in the picture 

With the amount of money Sinclair Broadcasting has, 24k a year for Kelly Klein is an absolute insult.

However, and I am not trying to be a dick here, this is just something I feel strongly about and feel like people should know cause it is IMO ridiculous....base federal minimum wage in the United States is 7.25 an hour, or slightly over 15k a year before taxes. (Certainly not enough for someone busting their ass at Burger King or anywhere to live on, but this is Pro Wrestling Only, so I digress!)

12 hours ago, hammerva said:

They turned her down for 24,000 a year. So she doesn't even make that. Per hour that is $11.54. To put this in perspective, the minimum starting wage at Walmart is $11.

9 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

They turned her down for 24,000 a year. So she doesn't even make that. Per hour that is $11.54. To put this in perspective, the minimum starting wage at Walmart is $11.

That really puts things in perspective indeed. I wonder what someone like Scarlett Bordeaux was making in IMPACT then, since she asked for her release because basically she couldn't make meets end.

Damn, I was making twice as much hourly as a French teacher when I was in Paris (well, I was working very few hours a week, so I was earning zilch at the end of the month also, but that's another issue :wacko:).

4 hours ago, Mad Dog said:

To put this into perspective, in Indiana the minimum wage is $7.25.

Working 40/hours a week 52/weeks a year here is $15k/year. Like Blehschmidt said, and I've seen it first hand. There's a reason a lot of people in my city turns to drugs/alcohol. Because their lives fucking suck. They do nothing but work so that they can still be poor. And that's if they have ZERO kids...

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, FMKK said:

What's the shit with Hikuleo that was online today as well? David Finlay and all the Tongans were burying ROH up and down.

I don't know if something got deleted but Joey Mercury was implying that Greg the Office Boy (forget his last name) had some sort of negative opinions about Hikuleo. 

edit: I know GOD was upset that ROH did the Enzo and Cass shit during their match on the MSG show since apparently no one with New Japan were made aware it was going to happen. 

8 minutes ago, FMKK said:

What's the shit with Hikuleo that was online today as well? David Finlay and all the Tongans were burying ROH up and down.

I'm not positive about this, someone like Rovert can correct me, but I think leaked messages were posted that were shown that showed ROH brass calling Hikuleo a waste of money or something.

The sad thing for me about ROH is that whenever you see this thread bumped now, you know it's always bad news. 

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

edit: I know GOD was upset that ROH did the Enzo and Cass shit during their match on the MSG show since apparently no one with New Japan were made aware it was going to happen. 

I'm pretty sure God has bigger things to worry about... :D 

(I realize this is an acronym for somebody, but I can't figure out who, so I'm having a little fun with your post.) :)