Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

Guerrillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa).

EDIT: beaten to it

Anyway, I'm shocked to see a Sinclair subsidiary behave so unethically.

Wasn't this Greg guy that seems to be the biggest root of their problems around before Sinclair.  I was sure that the guy Cornette mostly blamed for his mess at Ring of Honor was him.  

If you read the official ROH statement, it actually makes them look even more like assholes since it's them saying "we could fire her and invoke a six month non compete, but we're going to be nice about it and just let her deal expire".  As if they are being magnanimous here..... "hey we *could* fuck her over and keep her from working elsewhere, but look at us being the good guy to the person calling us out on our shithead behavior". 

5 hours ago, rovert said:

MeToo/Sexual harassment is the kill shot and a top to bottom issue with ROH/Sinclair.

There really hasn't been a major MeToo moment in pro-wrestling. Still waiting for it to happen and feel the cracks all over. Thus far, it seems every occurence is kinda smothered or not cleared up at all.

5 hours ago, sek69 said:

Anyone else get the feeling that everyone's going to be looking back sheepishly  at how Taeler Hendrix got treated when she came out with allegations about Jay Lethal? 

The way he worded it, I don't think it's her. I could obviously be wrong there but it sounds like someone else. My guess is office/booking committee related. 

1 minute ago, SirEdger said:

ROH has only sold 398 tickets for Final Battle. Their biggest show of the year. It's in 3 weeks.

Kinda surprised it's that many. Last year they sold out the Hammerstein (1800) and people were so excited I had friends who flew in to see the show. Not sure people I know in the Baltimore/DC area are even planning on attending this one.

21 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Oh there's management fuckery going on for sure, but the way the internet dogpiled her when it seems pretty clear how the company views women isn't going to age well at all. 

I mentioned something about this on Twitter the other day just thinking out loud.

People love Jay Lethal. Everyone was on ACH's side until he made a negative remark about Jay Lethal. Then they turned on ACH. 

Taeler Hendrix made those claims against Jay Lethal & they were largely ignored except by those people that verbally attacked her & the story just went away. 

Now you have people like Joey Mercury & BJ Whitmer talking about ROH & alluding to sexual allegations & misconduct. I can't help but think back to Taeler again. 

Maybe where there's smoke there's fire & Jay Lethal - among others - should be questioned?

24 minutes ago, Coffey said:

People love Jay Lethal. Everyone was on ACH's side until he made a negative remark about Jay Lethal. Then they turned on ACH. 

Well, the whole "Uncle Tom" was neither here nor there. Maybe if he had called Lethal a sexual harasser it would have gotten more traction or sympathy, but it had nothing to do with the issue at hand.

But yeah, anyway, I wish there would be a genuine MeToo moment in pro-wrestling where a bunch of women would collectively speak up against whoever, no matter how powerful they are, so things can get shaken up a bit. Probably won't happen. When a former Diva who had talked about being raped commits suicide and the collective reaction is apathy, it doesn't look too good. 

1 hour ago, Coffey said:

I mentioned something about this on Twitter the other day just thinking out loud.

Taeler Hendrix made those claims against Jay Lethal & they were largely ignored except by those people that verbally attacked her & the story just went away. 

Now you have people like Joey Mercury & BJ Whitmer talking about ROH & alluding to sexual allegations & misconduct. I can't help but think back to Taeler again. 

Maybe where there's smoke there's fire & Jay Lethal - among others - should be questioned?

I think people forget because they focus on the Jay Lethal stuff because she also claimed Mandy Leon was bullying her. It could still involve her but I think it's not going to involve Jay Lethal. I am just basing this on the way he worded things.

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Well, the whole "Uncle Tom" was neither here nor there. Maybe if he had called Lethal a sexual harasser it would have gotten more traction or sympathy, but it had nothing to do with the issue at hand. 

ACH got heat for calling Jay Lethal an "Uncle Tom" because it was racist and hypocritical after he called out WWE for being racist. 

That doesn't mean Jay Lethal isn't still a giant piece of shit.

If AEW ever gets into bed with him, which is likely, it's going to blow back on them badly. 

1 hour ago, El-P said:

But yeah, anyway, I wish there would be a genuine MeToo moment in pro-wrestling where a bunch of women would collectively speak up against whoever, no matter how powerful they are, so things can get shaken up a bit. Probably won't happen. When a former Diva who had talked about being raped commits suicide and the collective reaction is apathy, it doesn't look too good. 

That won't happen until a current female wrestler in the prime of her career who is a main eventer speaks out.

A Dana Brooke type could say something and it would be dismissed by the toxic fanbase as "sour grapes."

Sad but true.

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

So who is the moron in Ring of Honor trying to convince Joe Koff that getting featured in Newsweek right now is a good thing for publicity

https://www.newsweek.com/ring-honor-kelly-klein-concussion-medical-policy-management-1473223

That article is stiff. Terrible look for ROH. (I'm presuming the wrestler who was finally pulled because of concussions is TK O'Ryan?)

TK was the person in the article and the wrestler who hurt him was PCO.

A dynamite situation. There are ROH wrestlers who think publicly siding with ROH currently will kill their career. Equally siding with Joey Mercury is a risk as Joey is such a wildcard. A bad weekend for ROH wrestlers who want just want to keep the head down and get on with it. Social media has really changed the industry. Equally many people think you need to register your reaction immediately. When in fact the actual smart move is just wait it out and the news cycle gets shorter and shorter. It is a Big 4 PPV and a Smackdown-Takeover-Survivor Series-Raw extended weekend too.