Ring of Honor Wrestling

Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Impact seems like the right answer. I think ROH did well with him, actually, shot him up the card quickly based on the responses he got, gave him the title, backtracked when it didn't really work with him as champion. Almost immediately after the pandemic hit and he the border issues made him a non-player.

ROH is amid turning its public image around from a grimy place to work for. So I could just see them just letting PCO go with dignity. 

I haven't heard anything at all. But I could see PCO in the Chaos Project in AEW. Also, 2.0 and PCO are all part of Kevin Steen's friendship circle as he heads to go there. PCO is an affable guy who is easy to deal with I could see him fitting in with the locker room just fine. I could also see Tony Khan being one of "us" in terms of being a Quebecers/Pierre mark.

• 1 month later...

Big news for the entire world of professional wrestling. Ring of Honor potentially coming to an end. A ton of talent hitting the free agent market. NXT has their new mandate. Impact is basically non-existent from a viewer standpoint. AEW is already way too bloated. Traveling to Japan still seems mostly out of the conversation during the pandemic & what not. It'll be interesting to see what shakes up from all of this. 

Maybe WWE hires some former ROH talent & puts them directly onto the main roster & doesn't try to send them to NXT. Some people will go to Impact, I'm sure, but just like the Iconics, it'll be met with very little buzz. Maybe a company like MLW might get a couple of names, or even, unfortunately, GCW.

I really like the Briscoes but I know that they kind of shot themselves in the foot with hateful tweets from Jay awhile ago. Jay Lethal isn't exactly a young pup anymore. Would be cool to see Brody King pop-up somewhere but I feel like it might be too much of a cliché to put him with someone like Aleister Black. Maybe Gresham goes to Impact to be with Jordynne Grace. 

I don't get Danhausen at all so I fully expect AEW to sign him & feud him with Orange Cassidy. :D

EC3 can't catch a fucking break. Poor guy.

8 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Could the ransomware attack on Sinclair have anything to do with this?

I imagine they had to pay a pretty penny to take care of that, and one of the very first expendable properties afterward would naturally be the rasslin' company.

Yeah I don't know about that. ROH is dirt cheap for Sinclair and they average around 700k viewers a week. Its the exact sort cheap, low maintence programing that a media company built around syndication  would want. 

1 minute ago, MoS said:

Can someone explain what Danhausen's appeal is? He is some skinny dude who...jokes that he is actually an evil monster?? I don't get it? Can he be anything more than a prelim jobber?

I have no clue, but I saw some of his spots and was just as confused as you are. It's like if Freddie Got Fingered was widely seen as this huge intentional masterpiece of subversive comedy instead of intentionally bad.

He does a ton of videos on his YouTube,  I suppose humor is subjective but he does have that Borat sense of "dude makes you think he's an idiot but actually gets some pretty funny jokes in" style of humor.  Plus I think people respect the hustle since he was a journeyman indy nobody until he came up with the gimmick and worked his ass off all the way to getting a ROH contract.