Coffey

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 hours ago, El-P said:

There's no reason why that would bother AEW. Punk was at the Indie Hall of Fame too to induct Dave Prazak. AEW acknowledges other pro-wrestling companies and their history. No reason to oppose this, plus it probably means something to Danielson.

I get he probably thought getting into the promotion that was paying him to perform’s Hall was implying to retire for good, and no matter what the ROG reboot turns out to be, he pretty much would only be a returning icon making cameos, but this is an interesting thing for him to accept.

Hot take: I think ROH is using this hiatus pretty well! They certainly have more buzz with the hall of fame and guys appearing on Impact/GCW than they did last year. Whether that will translate into me actually caring when they run a show again is an open question, but props to them for getting a little momentum when they seemed basically dead.

• 3 weeks later...

So, Tony Khan wants to run ROH as a separate promotion and book it too. Hum... wonder what are the odds of this frying his brain in less time that the usual toll wrestling booking takes on people. Of course that still makes that rebirth show quite a must-see for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Well.... he's booked on the NJPW Lone Star Shootout show, against Minoru Suzuki no less, on the same day.

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

His name was on the Drake Wuertz donation list, so I'm guessing Tony has no time for Qanon

So was Bobby Fish, right ? And he said he did not know about Wuertz QAnon bullshit back then. 

And I mean, honestly I have no idea about Kross, but on the same show you have Jay Lethal, who may have or may not have sexually harassed Taylor Haendrix, and the Briscoes, who magically gave a truly heart filled apology without ever specifically mentioning why they were apologizing a few weeks before the big ROH redux PPV in which they were supposed to be booked until the rumors got around that some people at WarnerMedia wasn't to happy about the perspective of maybe them getting signed by TK... So, yeah, whatever.

And BTW, 30$ on Fite ? That's a 10 more than a AEW or IMPACT PPV.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:33 PM, El-P said:

And BTW, 30$ on Fite ? That's a 10 more than a AEW or IMPACT PPV.

AEW PPV’s are $40.00 on FITE in North America (or Canada at least for sure). They are $50.00 on traditional PPV. I know the last NWA Crockett Cup show was $20 per night or $30 for both shows. On FITE. ROH used to be available on traditional PPV here but they no longer are, and the NWA has never been.

I have no idea how much Impact shows cost because…c’mon. If I ever get to the point where I am seriously considering paying money to watch Impact, then that will be the sign it is time to seriously reconsider all my life choices.

I am going to be watching that ROH pay-per-view with a couple of my friends and we will be splitting the cost three ways, which basically means I will be paying 10 bucks. I would pay $10 to watch the Briscoes fight FTR all day long. That’s a deal as far as I am concerned.

3 hours ago, The Thread Killer said:

I have no idea how much Impact shows cost because…c’mon. If I ever get to the point where I am seriously considering paying money to watch Impact, then that will be the sign it is time to seriously reconsider all my life choices.

I've been pretty happy about it, IMPACT is super enjoyable. 

1 hour ago, sek69 said:

Honor Club will get you live access to the PPV, yes. Should be able to use a Roku but I haven't ever tried that. No reason it shouldn't work tho.

I'm still seeing Honor Club on the ROH website, but was it removed from Fite? I'd rather get it through Fite.