Pro Wrestling Only
Charles (Loss)

[1990-03-03-USWA-Memphis TV] Music Video: Southern Rockers / Jimmy Valiant spot

CHAMPYUN! MEMPHO! TENNESSEE!

I don't recall Well Dunn being offensive or anything, but...if those are the BEST action clips they have of the Southern Rockers, that's not really a great sign.

Clips of the southern rockers looked pretty bad and mostly consisted of them slapping fans on the way to ringside. You cant get rid of Jimmy Valiant no matter how hard you try.

Wait, Brian Lee called these guys one of the best tag teams they've been in the ring with a few weeks ago? That...doesn't speak well for the tag team competition the Stud Stable were facing in Memphis around this time.

Check out the wiff on that double drop kick. And they include it in a video package. Another botch on a roll up! An awkward looking powerslam. Sheesh.

Oh, if you thought that was bad, there was a match where they, I guess, forgot to tell Keith Eric to duck the clothesline. Doll swings way high and Eric sold anyway. The audience groans.

It should be noted that Doll was kinda notorious for fucking with the young guys in matches.

Southern Rockers didn't look very impressive in their music video, but understandably there wasn't a whole lot of material for the video crew to work with. Another goofy spot from Valiant as well.

A Southern Rockers music video set to ‘Nothing But A Good Time’. I’ve never really understood Rex King as this sex symbol type that he’s portraying in this team. All the clips appear to be from just two matches; a squash in the Sportatorium and a studio match against the Stud Stable.

Jimmy Valiant pops up after the video to tell us once again that the belt belongs to him and the people of Mempho, Tennesee!

Jimmy Valiant is pretty stoked to be champ. Southern Rockers are...kinda iffy, but if they only had a few matches to pull from I get it.