Pro Wrestling Only
Loss

[1990-04-01-WWF-Wrestlemania VI] Steve Allen and the Bolsheviks

The shower is supposedly an ideal acoustic environment for a singing rehearsal. Yes. Kids like me absolutely FLIPPED for the 1950's Tonight Show host going all Weird Al on old Cole Porter tunes, I can assure you. "I get no kick from Ukraine" is funnier now, though.

Didn't get this at all as a kid, find it mildly amusing now but even though its memorable, I guess its one of the things in wrestling I just don't get.

Say what you will about Boris Zhukov, but at least he can put "Worked with Steve Allen at Wrestlemania" on his wrestling resume, which is more than a lot of folks can say. Sure, it's just about the only thing on his resume, but it's still better than, say, Lance Storm, who never even got to work on a main card at Wrestlemania.

Actually, Steve knew a little bit about working with wrestlers; he was a wrestling announcer in Los Angeles during the early days of TV.

Two things come to mind here: first, what good sports Nikolai and Boris were, and second, this skit took longer than their match with the Harts!

Steve Allen has a piano set up in the shower (for the acoustics!), so he can rehearse the Russian Narional Anthem with his favourite Soviet Union tag team, Nikolai Volkoff and Boris Zhukov! Allen plays a few comedy ditties that Volkoff doesn’t appreciate, and when Allen says about doing a song for mother Russia and the toilet then flushes, Boris has to hold big Nikolai back from going for him.