Pro Wrestling Only
Loss

[1990-04-25-USWA-Evansville TV] Jerry Lawler local promo

Lawler seems to think the "Texas Tornado Toughman Contest" is a conspiracy against him. This is a lot longer than the other local promos on this set, which I'm guessing is because they wanted Lawler to really explain the rules and get them over, which he is really good at doing.

Very unique, creative match--sort of Texas Death meets Survivor Series. Four on four, and when one man is pinned the winners of the fall can pick any one opponent and get a 4-on-1 for a full minute. If the wrestler can't answer the bell afterward, the match ends. Seems like it'd make far more sense to just have the loser of the fall have to face the 1-on-4 situation, but the big sell here is the babyfaces getting to pick Ronnie P. Gossett.

If there was one thing that Memphis was good at, it's coming up with these unusual stipulation matches that hadn't been done before. If there's one thing Lawler excels at, it's explaining the rules to these unusual stipulation matches. Strong promo, he does a great job putting the focus on the heels getting their hands on Ronnie P. Gossett.

I had trouble envisioning this one in my head, but that doesn't detract from Lawler's efforts here; there are some matches that you just have to see to appreciate. The one major selling point is Jarrett, Dundee, and company getting to pick Gossett to gang up on and Lawler and his crew trying to prevent it. It sounds like that would be worth the price of admission alone, especially after this promo. Another winning effort from Lawler.

Yeah, shame we don't get to see that match because now I want to. :) Gossett taking a beating from 4 guys seems like something worth watching. Also, could he get up to answer a 10 count after getting beaten up by one guy??