Pro Wrestling Only
Charles (Loss)

[1990-06-01-Hamada's UWF] Gran Hamada vs Perro Aguayo

I know FLIK really likes this match, but I couldn't get into it. It was perfectly inoffensive, but nothing really stood out. The replay of the finish to mariachi music was the best part. There was some good wrestling, but I just thought this was solid.

Agree completely. I remembered FLIK's description and hoped to see a total war. But this was more just a stiff, well-executed match without a ton of hatred or crowd heat. It was good, just not something I'll remember.

Dittos to a degree, but I think I liked this more than Loss or Childs. In addition to the mariachi music I also enjoyed the voiceover describing the match and finish as though it were Phil Mickelson trying to select between a 5 and 7 iron. All of Aguayo's offense looks pretty awesome and Hamada takes a beating, but his victory came a little too easily for my liking. The Brazos take exception to Aguayo's post-match handshake and turn on him, and this is the most heated part of the segment but also the part I got into the least.

Agree with most of the comments here. Good match although nothing extraordinary and it really wasn't able to match the hot opening. I also thought Perro Aguayo was much better than Hamada here.

Doesn’t take long for Aguayo to use a chair outside. Hamada actually gets backdropped to the outside. Aguayo hits another wrestler by mistake on a dive. Hamada finally getting some sustained offense. Gets the win with a German suplex. Alright but nothing special.

Okay match, nothing to remember. Grizzled Vet was a better worker than Father of Ayako. Plus he wore fluffy boots and looked manly doing it. I love that guy.

This was good. I'd be hesitant to call it an all out war or anything (Choshu vs Hash would be a better fit for that description) but they lay in some stuff, do some nice dives, and wrestle a perfectly acceptable match.

This isn't exactly the kind of match you'd expect from a lucha libre inspired promotion. While there's some nice aerial action, the majority of this bout is just a basic tough wrestling match. Both men do well and execute what they choose to use very nicely.

I thought Perro was mostly a weapons wrestler, but he busted out a few crisp moves and outshone Hamada at times.

The finish and subsequent brawl once Perro's seconds turned on him really got the crowd going. It seemed like they were setting up a tag match of some sort with Perro and Hamada as partners which doesn't appear to have made the set. What a pity.

Probably the best match from this promotion that I've seen so far.

I wanted a little more out of this. Like more extended fiery Hamada comebacks. But I got what was there and it was pretty good. Aguayo has great offense and I could watch him all day.