Pro Wrestling Only
Charles (Loss)

[1990-07-28-WWF-Saturday Night's Main Event] Rick Rude and Ultimate Warrior

Two promos totally built on puns. I hate it when they do this crap, and I use puns in conversation more than anyone I know. I think my problem with it is how obviously written out in advance it sounds.

I can't help but think of Jerry Von Kramer every time I see the Ultimate Warrior.

We finally get around to mentioning the SummerSlam co-main event. Rude promises to leap off the cage onto the Warrior. Warrior looks like a reject from White Lion as he rebuts. He's evidently taken diversity training as he's no longer abusing the "normal" Sean Mooney.

Ok promo by Rude.

Warrior calls himself the Ultimate Animal and has the earring in and weird headband.

Jesse and Vince end it with one more animal pun.

Real good SNME overall.

Rude's still shouting and Warrior's still inaudible. Hooray. If I had to choose which one of the two was the better promo here, I think I'd go with Mean Gene's chimp friend. There's just been too much talk and not enough action, even with the match from earlier in the show. The only thing I really liked was Sean Mooney trying to outscowl Jesse.

Who is the crew wishing a happy birthday to in the closing graphic? The name given is (I think) ZiaTrickster. Who on earth would use a name like that, even as a nickname?

This feud has gone from a nice re-invention of Rick Rude to complete and total uninteresting nonsense. Even Heenan and a game Rick Rude can't save it at this point for me.