Pro Wrestling Only
Charles (Loss)

[1990-10-22-UWF-TV] Captain Lou's Corner: Andre the Giant

As I understand it, Andre basically asked Vince to go back on the road and said/threatened that he'd go work for Herb Abrams if he didn't. Wrestling was the only life that Andre really knew.

As I understand it, Andre basically asked Vince to go back on the road and said/threatened that he'd go work for Herb Abrams if he didn't. Wrestling was the only life that Andre really knew.

Did he ever have another match in North America after Toronto?

Andre looked and sounded about as good as he possibly could here. You could tell that he was thrilled to be back in the business and with his fans. I don't know how Abrams would have used him if he'd stayed, since he couldn't work anymore and never was all that great a talker, but for one-time pops, you can't beat him.

This Albano segment was so much better than the last one because of the live crowd. Lou was as fired up as Andre was, and we got a little bit of the old Capper, which is always a good thing and something that was lacking during his final days with Vince. I hope we see more segments of the Corner done in front of a live crowd.

It's way early, but Andre's line about UWF standing for "U Want to Fight?" is a contender for October's line of the month. Who knew he had it in him?