Pro Wrestling Only
Charles (Loss)

[1990-11-12-Hamada's UWF] Los Brazos vs Gran Hamada & Yoshinari Asai & Kendo

This audience absolutely LOVES Kendo. It's comparable to the post-WM response for Daniel Bryan. It's been fun to see how over he has been in all the Hamada's UWF footage. He was a charismatic guy that really seemed to thrive on the crowd reaction. He's a guy that was completely off my radar that is now on it thanks to this yearbook. This is a really fun match, with guys who have been reliable in 1990. Watching Super Porky take bumps is a blast. This match didn't really show me anything new. Ultimo had his sequences that looked great, but he pulled them out in every single match. You'd think he would have adapted better to the patterned WWE style. But it was good all the same.

Major LOL-worthy moment at the start as the Brazos stage a walkout over the "Kendo" chants. Then Porky falls off the apron in a spot that I'm not totally sure was intentional or not. He's again the best overall worker here, though everyone looks good. Still, there's only so many times one can get excited by seeing Asai springboard off the ropes or someone trying to give Hamada a back body drop. Kendo's funky headscissors and Porky's insane high-flying moves (and the crowd's reaction for said moves and teases for such) are the highlight.

Super Porky vs. Hamada is a great match up. I loved Porky overall in this match especially his tumble from the apron. Kendo is able to get the crowd going but he is probably my least favorite performer. Another fun showcase match from hamada UWF>

Ha, one of the Brazos slipped off the apron when trying to start a chant. Asai is really on with his moves. Brazos can deliver the comedy spots. Thought everyone looked good and enjoyed the high spots. Fun match.

This was another "what was that?" match for me. Most of the comedy was verbal and in a foreign language, so I didn't appreciate it, and most of you know by now that the typical lucha trios spots do nothing for me. The only two things I liked (or even really understood) were the Brazos walking off over the "Kendo" chants and Super Porky falling off the apron. This was something I paid for, so I sat through it. It's really as simple as that.

I do not like Kendo. He does a fine job of what he does. It's just not what I want to see a wrestler do. Porky is awesome and we definitely need MORE footage of Super Porky.