Current WWE

Smack2k

• Replies 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reigns' delivery on smackdown's opening segment was good. I don't think his lines were great, but they got him in and out quickly and he basically only talked for a minute before punching Seth in the face which was absolutely the way to go. They spend so long having guys who supposedly hate each other talk to each other for fifteen minutes that it was refreshing to see.

Christian is right there too. I guess after all the "ugly" talk over the years Vince doesn't want him as an outward face though.

A blue dot to the face would fix that.

I never understood the obsession with having the announcers look any certain way. I can see demanding them to appear professional, sure. They're spokesmen, but they're the "voices" - not the "faces" - of the product. At the end of the day, nobody's going to tune in due to Michael Cole being "prettier" than JR, or anything else of that sort. It's just absurd.

In fact, the case could be made that JR, palsy-ridden and all, carried the company at its height of popularity. And Lord knows Gorilla wasn't out there looking like a rockstar when he did the same.

For Christ's sakes, Lawler's mug looks like a pipin' hot baked potato most nights. And there he is, damn near every week...

I hardly see why they find so many "issues" to nitpick about. If a guy like Regal or Christian can provide a breath of fresh air behind the booth, they should just shoot for it.

Lawler was clearly in his element during the Attitude Era heyday. I think, at times, he was a lot of fun to listen to - the jokes were landing, his personal preference of heels over babyfaces, his kissing up to Mr. McMahon on commentary, etc. It just worked.

They never really replaced him though. Heyman was awesome for about a year in the role, but they desperately need to find THIS generation's fit for color commentary. JBL had a good routine going with Cole during the brand split days, but again - it didn't last long.

I know it's a talking point that's been beaten to death & back again by now, but really - the announcing is terrible on their main shows.

I've never understood people trying to make sense of the various pathologies that prompt this company to make any of the decisions it makes

Sure you're in the right place? 'Cause that sort of discussion is *KIND OF* what gets done 'round message boards & such. And, only to point out the obvious, but this IS the "Current WWE" thread by the way. Just sayin'.

I'm guessing they do an angle to get out of it, but if they actually do Bryan's first match back on Smackdown, is there any argument for that not being really stupid? I know it's Smackdown's first time back on Thursday nights, but still...

I'm guessing they do an angle to get out of it, but if they actually do Bryan's first match back on Smackdown, is there any argument for that not being really stupid? I know it's Smackdown's first time back on Thursday nights, but still...

If Bryan wrestles before the Rumble match, they are fools.

Only argument would be pressure from TV partners forcing them to ante up, which I'm sure isn't the case. TV is their biggest source of cash and one they obviously can't ignore, but you'd think this would be something to feature on the Network.

Part of it is just not thinking ahead, but overall I think it's just indicative of them not seeing Bryan as a star at the same level of their other top guys. Remember, he was cleared three weeks before his return promo, and it's not like we got any "Beautiful Day"-style videos hyping his return during that time, even though they had the time to do that. His name wasn't even dropped in promos to put him back on everyone's mind. So there you go.

Christian is right there too. I guess after all the "ugly" talk over the years Vince doesn't want him as an outward face though.

What bugged me for years is that they wouldnt give him a run with a World title and then watched talkwrestling on the net and they asked the same thing and the guys opinion said apparently Vince doesnt see Christian as a Main Eventer. WTF??

So in a way I was glad Christian went to TNA so he could win a NWA World Title there and I suppose once Edge retired he asked as a favour to him to put the belt on Christian which was long overdue. I know he was the WWECW Champ but people tend to say it doesnt count.

What bugged me for years is that they wouldnt give him a run with a World title and then watched talkwrestling on the net and they asked the same thing and the guys opinion said apparently Vince doesnt see Christian as a Main Eventer. WTF??

I love Christian and I think, as a babyface, he was one of the best in ring wrestlers in the late 2000's. However, he wasn't a main act guy.

Maybe, that short run before he left you could had tried, but you had Cena. Christian is a great guy to have on your roster and could had been in the Arn Anderson, sometimes main event, but is the upper of the middle of the card guy.

yeah he said Vince is writing all of his promos. The fact that Vince is personally writing for him makes me believe they are not going to sway in regards to his planned push. That promo last night was just embarrassing. Vince also wrote all of the closing promo on Raw. Stephanie telling Cena he was her hero reeked of cheeseball Vince

The wink from Roman after the "that's not easy to say" was a nice touch. Dude knows what's going on, he'll be fine eventually. But they gotta stop this smooth talker-war machine/superman-cool dude triple persona they have for him right now. It's just another reason why they should have more patience with him and let him develop more before giving him the Cena push.