• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's been mentionned before, in Tim Burton's Beetlejuice, when Geena Davis & Alec Baldwin try to scare off Catherine O'Hara dressed off as ghosts (well they are, actually), she's alseep and there's some pro-wrestling on the TV, which she switches off without looking as the ghosts. I couldn't recognize the faces and I think I heard spanish, so it may have been lucha libre (and hey, it's Tim Burton, he's an weirdo so he would know about lucha libre in the 80's, right ?). Not positive about it though.

Wouldn't an extensive "random pro-wrestling appearance in movies/TV series" thread would be fun ? (yeah, it's kinda this one already, I know)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wrestling in movies:

Pay It Forward

Haley Joel Osment watches a WCW Monday Nitro match. I believe there are also WCW and WWF action figures and/or posters elsewhere in the movie.

hmuvfta.png

Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi

"The Undertaker" (Brian Lee) and Crush randomly appear in this Indian Bollywood movie.

Credit goes to MoS:

Massively popular and well-known, "Undertaker" even appeared in a Bollywood movie where he was a pro wrestler and an evil henchman. Brian Lee played him, and he had a wrestling "match" with Crush, who was uncredited. (Wrestling trivia - Undertaker won the match by killing Crush and putting him in the casket)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was watching Ernest Goes to School (the Ernest films are guilty pleasures of mine) on the Roku Channel, and Ernest points out he had seen every Wrestlemania since Warrior beat Hogan (the film came out in 1995, so that would mean 6-11). Kind of odd for a film to make such a specific reference, and an Ernest film at that.

So, one of the characters in this French role-play Youtube series is : John Cena (just watch the opening)

He's probably gonna die a horrible death too.

(if anything, it speaks about how Cena still is the most recognizable modern pro-wrestling figure today)

• 2 months later...

I was watching a cologne recommendation video by Cubaknow (as I collect them) when he described number one as " a diamond, its glorious, it makes me want to wear rings on each finger... it's the motherfucking Ric Flair of perfume woooo"

8:54

• 2 weeks later...

Weirdo arthouse director Guy Maddin made a short film called Sombra dolorosa which features a woman wrestling death to save her daughter from suicide after the patriarch of the family died. It's kind of like the arthouse version of Nacho Libre or something. Guy Maddin is hard to describe. It's only four minutes and if you like weird/surreal cinema, check it out. I'm a big fan. 

The Airport Ghetto Street Fight between star rappers Booba & Kaaris (and their crew). (Orly Airport - Paris - France - 08.01.2018)

Booba clearly was the biggest heel here, but there was really no babyface. They worked stiff but it was a little sloppy at times. 

At 0:44, gotta love the bump on the chairs from a single leg-kick, that was classic.

The Duty Free brawl part was the highlight, with a great Horsemen style beatdown at 1:20. You can see the blood on the floor too, so you got some nice juice going on from the playaz.

Guy filming the shit at 1:32 talking slang, which I sadly can't translate accurately, but he's your typical white boy using arab/african "street" verbatim (wesh and all), so it's funny because it's so lame. Later on though, Booba and the crew were all "Bunch of faggots !" and also "Your grand-mother (???) you son of a bitch." Cheap heat, that...

No contest. Next time in the prison yard I guess. Dumbfucks.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...